Volume 10, Number 12—December 2004
Genome Sequence and Attenuating Mutations in West Nile Virus Isolate from Mexico
- Gould LH, Fikrig E. West Nile virus: a growing concern? J Clin Invest. 2004;113:1102–7.
- Estrada-Franco JG, Navarro-Lopez R, Beasley DWC, Coffey L, Carrara AS, Travassos da Rosa A, West Nile virus in Mexico: evidence of widespread circulation since July 2002. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:1604–7.
- Lanciotti RS, Roehrig JT, Deubel V, Smith J, Parker M, Steele K, Origin of the West Nile virus responsible for an outbreak of encephalitis in the northeastern United States. Science. 1999;286:2333–7.
- Beasley DWC, Davis CT, Guzman H, Vanlandingham DL, Travassos da Rosa APA, Parsons RE, Limited evolution of West Nile virus has occurred during its southwesterly spread in the United States. Virology. 2003;309:190–5.
- Ronquist F, Huelsenbeck JP. MRBAYES 3: Bayesian phylogenetic inference under mixed models. Bioinformatics. 2003;19:1572–4.
- Beasley DWC, Barrett ADT. Identification of neutralizing epitopes within structural domain III of the West Nile virus envelope protein. J Virol. 2002;76:13097–100.
- Halevy M, Akov Y, Ben-Nathan D, Kobiler D, Lachmi B, Lustig S. Loss of active neuroinvasiveness in attenuated strains of West Nile virus: pathogenicity in immunocompetent and SCID mice. Arch Virol. 1994;137:355–70.
- Beasley DWC, Li L, Suderman MT, Barrett ADT. Mouse neuroinvasive phenotype of West Nile virus strains varies depending upon virus genotype. Virology. 2002;296:17–23.
- Chambers TJ, Halevy M, Nestorowicz A, Rice CM, Lustig S. West Nile virus envelope proteins: nucleotide sequence analysis of strains differing in mouse neuroinvasiveness. J Gen Virol. 1998;79:2375–80.
- Lorenz IC, Kartenbeck J, Mezzacasa A, Allison SL, Heinz FX, Helenius A. Intracellular assembly and secretion of recombinant subviral particles from tick-borne encephalitis virus. J Virol. 2003;77:4370–82.
- Hsieh P, Robbins PW. Regulation of asparagine-linked oligosaccharide processing. Oligosaccharide processing in Aedes albopictus mosquito cells. J Biol Chem. 1984;259:2375–82.
- Lee E, Weir RC, Dalgarno L. Changes in the dengue virus major envelope protein on passaging and their localization on the three-dimensional structure of the protein. Virology. 1997;232:281–90.
- Blitvich BJ, Fernández-Salas I, Contreras-Cordero JF, Loroño-Pino MA, Marlenee NL, Díaz FJ, Phylogenetic analysis of West Nile virus, Nuevo Leon State, Mexico. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:1314–7.