Volume 10, Number 2—February 2004
2004 SARS Edition
SARS Outbreak, Taiwan, 2003
|Admission to designation as a probable case-patient to death||36.87||35.9|
|Admission to designation as a probable case-patient to discharge||23.94||23.5|
aBy Donnelly et al. (13). SARS, severe acute respiratory syndrome.
- Cumulative number of reported probable cases of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Geneva: World Health Organization, 2003. Cited April 22, 2003. Available from: URL: http://www.who.int/csr/sars/country/2003_04_22/en/
- Hsieh YH, Chen CWS. Severe acute respiratory syndrome: numbers do not tell whole story. BMJ. 2003;326:1395–6.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Severe acute respiratory syndrome—Taiwan. JAMA. 2003;289:2930–2.
- Twu SJ, Chen TJ, Chen CJ, Olson SJ, Lee LT, Fisk T, Control measures for severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in Taiwan. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:718–20.
- Hsieh YH. Politics hindering SARS work. Nature. 2003;423:381.
- Riley S, Fraser C, Donnelly C, Ghani AC, Abu-Raddad LJ, Hedley AJ, Transmission dynamics of the etiological agent of SARS in Hong Kong: Impact of Public Health Interventions. Science. 2003;300:961–6.
- Lipsitch M, Cohen T, Cooper B, Robins JM, Ma S, James L, Transmission dynamics and control of severe acute respiratory syndrome. Science. 2003;300:1966–70.
- Dye C, Gay N. Modeling the SARS epidemic. Science. 2003;300:1884–5.
- Center for Disease Control of Taiwan Web site. Available from: URL: http://www.cdc.gov.tw/sarsen
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Use of quarantine to prevent transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome—Taiwan, 2003. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003;52:680–3.
- World Health Organization. Update 58—first global consultation on SARS epidemiology, travel recommendations for Hebei Province (China), situation in Singapore. Geneva: World Health Organization, May 17, 2003. Available from: URL: http://www.who.int/csr/sars/archive/2003_05_17/en/
- Pindyck RS, Rubinfeld DL. Econometric models and economic forecasts. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1998.
- Hon KL. Li AM, Cheng FW, Leung TF, Ng PC. Personal view of SARS: confusing definition, confusing diagnoses. Lancet. 2003;361:1984–5.
- Donnelly C, Ghani AC, Leung GM, Hedley AJ, Fraser C, Riley S, Epidemiological determinants of spread of causal agent of severe acute respiratory syndrome in Hong Kong. Lancet. 2003;361:1761–6.
- Peiris JS, Chu CM, Cheng VC, Chan KS, Hung IF, Poon LL, Clinical progression and viral load in a community outbreak of coronavirus-associated SARS pneumonia: a prospective study. Lancet. 2003;361:1767–72.
Page created: May 14, 2012
Page updated: May 14, 2012
Page reviewed: May 14, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.