Volume 12, Number 1—January 2006
Novel Parvovirus and Related Variant in Human Plasma
- Jones MS, Kapoor A, Lukashov VV, Simmonds P, Hecht F, Delwart E. New DNA viruses identified in patients with acute viral infection syndrome. J Virol. 2005;79:8230–6.
- Heegaard ED, Brown KE. Human parvovirus B19. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2002;15:485–505.
- Laub R, Strengers P. Parvoviruses and blood products. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2002;50:339–48.
- Baylis SA, Shah N, Minor PD. Evaluation of different assays for the detection of parvovirus B19 DNA in human plasma. J Virol Methods. 2004;121:7–16.
- Shade RO, Blundell MC, Cotmore SF, Tattersall P, Astell CR. Nucleotide sequence and genome organization of human parvovirus B19 isolated from the serum of a child during aplastic crisis. J Virol. 1986;58:921–36.
- Nguyen QT, Sifer C, Schneider V, Allaume X, Servant A, Bernaudin F, Novel human erythrovirus associated with transient aplastic anemia. J Clin Microbiol. 1999;37:2483–7.
- Servant A, Laperche S, Lallemand F, Marinho V, De Saint Maur G, Meritet JF, Genetic diversity within human erythroviruses: identification of three genotypes. J Virol. 2002;76:9124–34.
- Nguyen QT, Wong S, Heegaard ED, Brown KE. Identification and characterization of a second novel human erythrovirus variant, A6. Virology. 2002;301:374–80.
- Brown KE, Green SW, O'Sullivan MG, Young NS. Cloning and sequencing of the simian parvovirus genome. Virology. 1995;210:314–22.
- Green SW, Malkovska I, O'Sullivan MG, Brown KE. Rhesus and pig-tailed macaque parvoviruses: identification of two new members of the erythrovirus genus in monkeys. Virology. 2000;269:105–12.
- Yoo BC, Lee DH, Park SM, Park JW, Kim CY, Lee HS, A novel parvovirus isolated from Manchurian chipmunks. Virology. 1999;253:250–8.
- Allander T, Emerson SU, Engle RE, Purcell RH, Bukh J. A virus discovery method incorporating DNase treatment and its application to the identification of two bovine parvovirus species. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:11609–14.
- Hijikata M, Abe K, Win KM, Shimizu YK, Keicho N, Yoshikura H. Identification of new parvovirus DNA sequence in swine sera from Myanmar. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2001;54:244–5.
- Thompson JD, Higgins DG, Gibson TJ. ClustalW: improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:4673–80.
- Welch J, Maclaren K, Jordan T, Simmonds P. Frequency, viral loads, and serotype identification of enterovirus infections in Scottish blood donors. Transfusion. 2003;43:1060–6.
- Allander T, Tammi MT, Eriksson M, Bjerkner A, Tiveljung-Lindell A, Andersson B. Cloning of a human parvovirus by molecular screening of respiratory tract samples. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12891–6.
Page created: February 21, 2012
Page updated: February 21, 2012
Page reviewed: February 21, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.