Skip directly to site content Skip directly to page options Skip directly to A-Z link Skip directly to A-Z link Skip directly to A-Z link
Volume 13, Number 2—February 2007

Host-associated Genetic Import in Campylobacter jejuni

Noel D. McCarthy*Comments to Author , Frances M. Colles*, Kate E. Dingle*, Mary C. Bagnall†, Georgina Manning†, Martin C.J. Maiden*, and Daniel Falush*
Author affiliations: *University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom; †Veterinary Laboratories Agency, Weybridge, United Kingdom;

Main Article

Table 3

Capacity of alleles, overall sequence type, and clonal complex information to predict host species for Campylobacter jejuni isolates from cattle, sheep, and chickens

Genotype information used% correct% uncertainty removed*
Sequence type4010
Clonal complex (1)†4213
Clonal complex (2)†4213
Alleles plus sequence type6040
Alleles plus clonal complex†5837

*Random selection would be expected to predict correctly 33% of the time. The proportion of the remaining uncertainty (67%) that is resolved is shown.

†Clonal complex (1) substituted sequence type for clonal complex in which no clonal complex is assigned and clonal complex (2) substituted a missing value code. Clonal complex (1) was also used to assess alleles plus clonal complex.

Main Article

Page created: July 08, 2010
Page updated: July 08, 2010
Page reviewed: July 08, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.