Volume 13, Number 4—April 2007
Multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii, Russia
- Allen DM, Hartman BJ. Acinetobacter species. In: Mandell GL, Bennett JE, Dolin R, editors. Principles and practice of infectious diseases. 5th ed. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone; 2000. p. 2339–44.
- Nordmann P, Poirel L. Emerging carbapenemases in gram-negative aerobes. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2002;8:321–31.
- Kolayli F, Gacar G, Karadenizli A, Sanic A, Vahaboglu H; The Study Group. PER-1 is still widespread in Turkish hospitals among Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter spp. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;249:241–5.
- Naas T, Bogaerts P, Bauraing C, Degheldre Y, Glupczynski Y, Nordmann P. Emergence of PER and VEB extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in Acinetobacter baumannii in Belgium. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;58:178–82.
- Naas T, Coignard B, Carbonne A, Blanckaert K, Bajolet O, Bernet C, VEB-1 extended-spectrum β-lactamase–producing Acinetobacter baumannii, France. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:1214–22.
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute. Performance standards for antimicrobial susceptibility testing: 15th informational supplement. M100-S15. Wayne (PA): Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute; 2005.
- Fernández-Cuenca F, Martínez-Martínez L, Conejo MC, Ayala JA, Perea EJ, Pascual A. Relationship between β-lactamase production, outer membrane protein and penicillin-binding protein profiles on the activity of carbapenems against clinical isolates of Acinetobacter baumannii. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2003;51:565–74.
- Poirel L, Cabanne L, Vahaboglu H, Nordmann P. Genetic environment and expression of the extended-spectrum beta-lactamase blaPER-1 gene in gram-negative bacteria. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:1708–13.
- Tenover FC, Arbeit RD, Goering RV, Mickelsen PA, Murray BE, Persing DH, Interpreting chromosomal DNA restriction patterns produced by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis: criteria for bacterial strain typing. J Clin Microbiol. 1995;33:2233–9.
- Edelstein M, Pimkin M, Palagin I, Edelstein I, Stratchounski L. Prevalence and molecular epidemiology of CTX-M extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae in Russian hospitals. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:3724–32.
Page created: June 25, 2010
Page updated: June 25, 2010
Page reviewed: June 25, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.