Volume 13, Number 6—June 2007
Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification for Influenza A (H5N1) Virus
- Perez DR, Sorrell EM, Donis RO. Avian influenza: an omnipresent pandemic threat. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005;24:S208–16.
- Brown IH. Advances in molecular diagnostics for avian influenza. Dev Biol (Basel). 2006;124:93–7.
- Notomi T, Okayama H, Masubuchi H, Yonekawa T, Watanabe K, Amino N, Loop-mediated isothermal amplification of DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:e63.
- Mori Y, Nagamine K, Tomita N, Notomi T. Detection of loop-mediated isothermal amplification reaction by turbidity derived from magnesium pyrophosphate formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;289:150–4.
- Poon LLM, Wong BWY, Ma EHT, Chan KH, Chow LMC, Abeyewickreme W, Sensitive and inexpensive molecular test for falciparum malaria: detecting Plasmodium falciparum DNA directly from heat-treated blood by loop-mediated isothermal amplification. Clin Chem. 2006;52:303–6.
- Poon LLM, Leung CSW, Chan KH, Lee JHC, Yuen KY, Guan Y, Detection of human influenza A viruses by loop-mediated isothermal amplification. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:427–30.
- World Health Organization. Recommended laboratory tests to identify avian influenza A virus in specimens from humans. 2005 [cited 2006 September 24]. Available from http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/guidelines/avian_labtests2.pdf
- Parida M, Posadas G, Inoue S, Hasebe F, Morita K. Real-time reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification for rapid detection of West Nile virus. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:257–63.
- Webster RG, Govorkova EA. H5N1 influenza–continuing evolution and spread. N Engl J Med. 2006;355:2174–7.
- Chen H, Smith GJD, Li KS, Wang J, Fan XH, Rayner JM, Establishment of multiple sublineages of H5N1 influenza virus in Asia: implications for pandemic control. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2845–50.
- Smith GJ, Naipospos TS, Nguyen TD, de Jong MD, Vijaykrishna D, Usman TB, Evolution and adaptation of H5N1 influenza virus in avian and human hosts in Indonesia and Vietnam. Virology. 2006;350:258–68.
- Imai M, Ninomiya A, Minekawa H, Notomi T, Ishizaki T, Tashiro M, Development of H5-RT-LAMP (loop-mediated isothermal amplification) system for rapid diagnosis of H5 avian influenza virus infection. Vaccine. 2006;24:6679–82.
Page created: July 14, 2010
Page updated: July 14, 2010
Page reviewed: July 14, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.