Volume 14, Number 11—November 2008
Change in Japanese Encephalitis Virus Distribution,Thailand
- Solomon T, Dung NM, Kneen M, Gainsborough M, Vaughn DW, Khanh VT. Japanese encephalitis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2000;68:405–15.
- Pyke AT, Williams DT, Nisbet DJ, van den Hurk AF, Taylor CT, Johansen CA, The appearance of a second genotype of Japanese encephalitis virus in the Australasian region. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2001;65:747–53.
- Tsai TR, Solomon T, Vaughn DW. Flaviviruses (yellow fever, dengue, dengue hemorrhagic fever, Japanese encephalitis, West Nile, St Louis encephalitis, tick-borne encephalitis). In: Mandell GL, Bennett JE, Dolin R, editors. Principles and practice of infectious diseases, 6th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2004. p. 1926–50.
- Vaughn DW, Hoke CH Jr. The epidemiology of Japanese encephalitis: prospects for prevention. Epidemiol Rev. 1992;14:197–221.
- Solomon T, Ni H, Beasley DW, Ekkelenkamp M, Cardosa MJ, Barrett AD. Origin and evolution of Japanese encephalitis virus in Southeast Asia. J Virol. 2003;77:3091–8.
- Solomon T. New vaccines for Japanese encephalitis. Lancet Neurol. 2008;7:116–8.
- Chunsuttiwat S. Japanese encephalitis in Thailand. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 1989;20:593–7.
- Moureau G, Temmam S, Gonzalez JP, Charrel RN, Grard G, de Lamballerie X. A real-time RT-PCR method for the universal detection and identification of flaviviruses. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2007;7:467–77.
- Kumar S, Tamura K, Jakobsen IB, Nei M. MEGA2: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis software. Bioinformatics. 2001;17:1244–5.
- Jan LR, Yueh YY, Wu YC, Horng CB, Wang GR. Genetic variation of Japanese encephalitis virus in Taiwan. Am J Trop. 2000;62:446–52.
- Mackenzie JS, Gubler DJ, Petersen LR. Emerging flaviviruses: the spread and resurgence of Japanese encephalitis, West Nile and dengue viruses. Nat Med. 2004;10(Suppl):S98–109.
- van den Hurk AF, Johansen CA, Zborowski P, Paru R, Foley PN, Beebe NW, Mosquito host-feeding patterns and implications for Japanese encephalitis virus transmission in northern Australia and Papua New Guinea. Med Vet Entomol. 2003;17:403–11.
- Ferguson M, Johnes S, Li L, Heath A, Barrett A. Effect of genomic variation in the challenge virus on the neutralization titres of recipients of inactivated JE vaccines—report of a collaborative study on PRNT50 assays for Japanese encephalitis virus (JE) antibodies. Biologicals. 2008;36:111–6.
- Nitatpattana N, Apiwathnasorn C, Barbazan P, Leemingsawat S, Yoksan S, Gonzalez JP. First isolation of Japanese encephalitis from Culex quinquefasciatus in Thailand. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2005;36:875–8.
Page created: July 21, 2010
Page updated: July 21, 2010
Page reviewed: July 21, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.