Volume 14, Number 12—December 2008
Mycobacterium bovis Infection in Holstein Friesian Cattle, Iran
- Fend R, Geddes R, Lesellier S, Vordermeier HM, Corner LA, Gormley E, Use of an electronic nose to diagnose Mycobacterium bovis infection in badgers and cattle. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:1745–51.
- Cosivi O, Grange JM, Daborn CJ. Zoonotic tuberculosis due to Mycobacterium bovis in developing countries. Emerg Infect Dis. 1998;4:59–70.
- Mohammadi M. 1984. Bovine tuberculosis in Iran. Tehran (Iran): Iranian Veterinary Organisation; 1984.
- Feizabadi MM, Robertson ID, Cousins DV, Hampson DJ. Genomic analysis of Mycobacterium bovis and other members of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex by isoenzyme analysis and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. J Clin Microbiol. 1996;34:1136–42.
- Tadayon K, Mosavari N, Shahmoradi AH, Sadeghi F, Azarvandi A, Forbes K. The epidemiology of Mycobacterium bovis in buffalo in Iran. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2006;53(Suppl 1):41–2.
- Parsons LM, Brosch R, Cole ST, Somoskovi A, Loder A, Bretzel G, Rapid and simple approach for identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex isolates by PCR-based genomic deletion analysis. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:2339–45.
- Kamerbeek J, Schouls L, Kolk A, van Agterveld M, van Soolingen D, Kuijper S, Simultaneous detection and strain differentiation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis for diagnosis and epidemiology. J Clin Microbiol. 1997;35:907–14.
- Frothingham R, Meeker-O’Connell WA. Genetic diversity in the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex based on variable numbers of tandem DNA repeats. Microbiology. 1998;144:1189–96.
- Skuce RA, McCorry TP, McCarroll JF, Roring SM, Scott AN, Brittain D, Discrimination of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex bacteria using novel VNTR-PCR targets. Microbiology. 2002;148:519–28.
- Cousins D, Williams S, Liebana E, Aranaz A, Bunschoten A, Van Embden J, Evaluation of four DNA typing techniques in epidemiological investigations of bovine tuberculosis. J Clin Microbiol. 1998;36:168–78.
- Smith NH, Dale J, Inwald J, Palmer S, Gordon SV, Hewinson RG, The population structure of Mycobacterium bovis in Great Britain: clonal expansion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15271–5.
- Supply P, Allix C, Lesjean S, Cardoso-Oelemann M, Rusch-Gerdes S, Willery E, Proposal for standardization of optimized mycobacterial interspersed repetitive unit-variable-number tandem repeat typing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:4498–510.
- Smith NH, Gordon SV, de la Rua-Domenech R, Clifton-Hadley RS, Hewinson RG. Bottlenecks and broomsticks: the molecular evolution of Mycobacterium bovis. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2006;4:670–81.
- Gibson AL, Hewinson G, Goodchild T, Watt B, Story A, Inwald J, Molecular epidemiology of disease due to Mycobacterium bovis in humans in the United Kingdom. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:431–4.
- Fang Z, Morrison N, Watt B, Doig C, Forbes KJ. IS6110 transposition and evolutionary scenario of the direct repeat locus in a group of closely related Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:2102–9.
Page created: July 22, 2010
Page updated: July 22, 2010
Page reviewed: July 22, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.