Volume 14, Number 5—May 2008
Acute Encephalitis Caused by Intrafamilial Transmission of Enterovirus 71 in Adult
- Ho M, Chen ER, Hsu KH, Twu SJ, Chen KT, Tsai SF, An epidemic of enterovirus 71 infection in Taiwan. N Engl J Med. 1999;341:929–35.
- Huang CC, Liu CC, Chang YC, Chen CY, Wang ST, Yeh TF. Neurologic complications in children with enterovirus 71 infection. N Engl J Med. 1999;341:936–42.
- Chan KP, Goh KT, Chong CY, Teo ES, Lau G, Ling AE. Epidemic hand, foot, and mouth disease caused by human enterovirus 71, Singapore. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:78–85.
- Chang LY, Tsao KC, Hsia SH, Shih SR, Huang CG, Chan WK, Transmission and clinical features of enterovirus 71 infections in household contacts in Taiwan. JAMA. 2004;291:222–7.
- Nix WA, Oberste MS, Pallansch MA. Sensitive, seminested PCR amplification of VP1 sequences for direct identification of all enterovirus serotypes from original clinical specimens. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:2698–704.
- Shimizu H, Utama A, Onnimala N, Li C, Li-Bi Z, Yu-Jie M, Molecular epidemiology of enterovirus 71 infection in the Western Pacific Region. Pediatr Int. 2004;46:231–5.
- Mizuta K, Abiko C, Murata T, Matsuzaki Y, Itagaki T, Sanjoh K, Frequent inportation of enterovirus 71 from surrounding countries into the local community of Yamagata, Japan, between 1998 and 2003. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:6171–5.
- Lin KH, Hwang KP, Ke GM, Wang CF, Ke LY, Hsu YT, Evolution of EV71 genogroup in Taiwan from 1998 to 2005: an emerging of subgenogroup C4 of EV71. J Med Virol. 2006;78:254–62.
- Li L, He Y, Yang H, Zhu J, Xu X, Dong J, Genetic characteristics of human enterovirus 71 and coxsackievirus A16 circulating from 1999 to 2004 in Shenzhen, People’s Republic of China. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:3835–9.
- Shen WC, Chiu HH, Chow KC, Tsai CH. MR imaging findings of enteroviral encephalomyelitis: an outbreak in Taiwan. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 1999;20:1889–95.
- Chang LY, Lin TY, Huang YC, Tsao KC, Shin SR, Kuo ML, Comparison of enterovirus 71 and coxsackievirus A16 clinical illnesses during the Taiwan enterovirus epidemic, 1998. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1999;18:1092–6.
- Chang LY, Huang LM, Gau SS, Wu YY, Hsia SH, Fan TY, Neurodevelopment and cognition in children after enterovirus 71 infection. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:1226–34.