Volume 15, Number 7—July 2009
Genetically Diverse Coronaviruses in Wild Bird Populations of Northern England
- Cavanagh D, Gelb J. Infectious bronchitis. In: Saif YM, editor. Diseases of poultry, 12th ed. Ames (IA): Wiley-Blackwell Publishing; 2008. p. 101–20.
- Worthington KJ, Currie RJ, Jones RC. A reverse transcriptase–polymerase chain reaction survey of infectious bronchitis virus genotypes in Western Europe from 2002 to 2006. Avian Pathol. 2008;37:247–57.
- Adzhar A, Gough RE, Haydon D, Shaw K, Britton P, Cavanagh D. Molecular analysis of the 793/B serotype of infectious bronchitis virus in Great Britain. Avian Pathol. 1997;26:625–40.
- Liu S, Chen J, Chen J, Kong X, Shao Y, Han Z, Isolation of avian infectious bronchitis coronavirus from domestic peafowl (Pavo cristatus) and teal (Anas). J Gen Virol. 2005;86:719–25.
- Sun L, Zhang GH, Jiang JW, Fu JD, Ren T, Cao WS, A Massachusetts prototype-like coronavirus isolated from wild peafowls is pathogenic to chickens. Virus Res. 2007;130:121–8.
- Woo PC, Lau SK, Lam CS, Lai KK, Huang Y, Lee P, Comparative analysis of complete genome sequences of three avian coronaviruses reveals a novel group 3c coronavirus. J Virol. 2008;83:908–17.
- Jonassen CM, Kofstad T, Larsen IL, Lovland A, Handeland K, Follestad A, Molecular identification and characterization of novel coronaviruses infecting graylag geese (Anser anser), feral pigeons (Columbia livia) and mallards (Anas platyrhynchos). J Gen Virol. 2005;86:1597–607.
- Redfern CPE, Clark JA. Ringer’s manual. Thetford (UK): British Trust for Ornithology; 2001.
- Cavanagh D, Mawditt K, Sharma M, Drury SE, Ainsworth HL, Britton P, Detection of a coronavirus from turkey poults in Europe genetically related to infectious bronchitis virus of chickens. Avian Pathol. 2001;30:355–68.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
- Rzhetsky A, Nei M. A simple method for estimating and testing minimum evolution trees. Mol Biol Evol. 1992;9:945–67.
- Tamura K, Nei M. Estimation of the number of nucleotide substitutions in the control region of mitochondrial DNA in humans and chimpanzees. Mol Biol Evol. 1993;10:512–26.
- Felsenstein J. Confidence limits on phylogenies: an approach using the bootstrap. Evolution. 1985;39:783–91.
- Williams CJ, Moffitt CM. A critique of methods of sampling and reporting pathogens in populations of fish. J Aquat Anim Health. 2001;13:300–9.
- Ambali AG, Jones RC. Early pathogenesis in chicks of infection with an enterotropic strain of infectious bronchitis virus. Avian Dis. 1990;34:809–17.
Page created: November 09, 2010
Page updated: November 09, 2010
Page reviewed: November 09, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.