Volume 16, Number 3—March 2010
Parvovirus 4–like Virus in Blood Products
- Jones MS, Kapoor A, Lukashov VV, Simmonds P, Hecht F, Delwart E. New DNA viruses identified in patients with acute viral infection syndrome. J Virol. 2005;79:8230–6.
- Fryer JF, Delwart E, Bernardin F, Tuke PW, Lukashov VV, Baylis SA. Analysis of two human parvovirus PARV4 genotypes identified in human plasma for fractionation. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:2162–7.
- Longhi E, Bestetti G, Acquaviva V, Foschi A, Piolini R, Meroni L, Human parvovirus 4 in the bone marrow of Italian patients with AIDS. AIDS. 2007;21:1481–3.
- Sharp CP, Lail A, Donfield S, Simmons R, Leen C, Klenerman P, High frequencies of exposure to the novel human parvovirus PARV4 in hemophiliacs and injection drug users, as detected by a serological assay for PARV4 antibodies. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:1119–25.
- Simmonds P, Manning A, Kenneil R, Carnie FW, Bell JE. Parenteral transmission of the novel human parvovirus PARV4. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1386–8.
- Schneider B, Fryer JF, Oldenburg J, Brackmann HH, Baylis SA, Eis-Hübinger AM. Frequency of contamination of coagulation factor concentrates with novel human parvovirus PARV4. Haemophilia. 2008;14:978–86.
- Kleinman SH, Glynn SA, Lee TH, Tobler LH, Schlumpf KS, Todd DS, A linked donor-recipient study to evaluate parvovirus B19 transmission by blood component transfusion. Blood. 2009;114:3677–83.
- Manning A, Willey SJ, Bell JE, Simmonds P. Comparison of tissue distribution, persistence, and molecular epidemiology of parvovirus B19 and novel human parvoviruses PARV4 and human bocavirus. J Infect Dis. 2007;195:1345–52.
- Simmonds P, Douglas J, Bestetti G, Longhi E, Antinori S, Parravicini C, A third genotype of the human parvovirus PARV4 in sub-Saharan Africa. J Gen Virol. 2008;89:2299–302.
- Lau SK, Woo PC, Tse H, Fu CT, Au WK, Chen XC, Identification of novel porcine and bovine parvoviruses closely related to human parvovirus 4. J Gen Virol. 2008;89:1840–8.
- Zádori Z, Szelei J, Lacoste MC, Li Y, Gariépy S, Raymond P, A viral phospholipase A2 is required for parvovirus infectivity. Dev Cell. 2001;1:291–302.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
- Zádori Z, Szelei J, Tijssen P. SAT: a late NS protein of porcine parvovirus. J Virol. 2005;79:13129–38.
Page created: December 14, 2010
Page updated: December 14, 2010
Page reviewed: December 14, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.