Volume 16, Number 6—June 2010
Novel Norovirus in Dogs with Diarrhea
- Glass RI, Parashar UD, Estes MK. Norovirus gastroenteritis. N Engl J Med. 2009;361:1776–85.
- Patel MM, Hall AJ, Vinjé J, Parashar UD. Noroviruses: a comprehensive review. J Clin Virol. 2009;44:1–8.
- van der Poel WH, Vinjé J, van der Heide R, Herrera MI, Vivo A, Koopmans MP. Norwalk-like calicivirus genes in farm animals. Emerg Infect Dis. 2000;6:36–41.
- Mattison K, Shukla A, Cook A, Pollari F, Friendship R, Kelton D, Human noroviruses in swine and cattle. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1184–8.
- Martella V, Lorusso E, Decaro N, Elia G, Radogna A, D’Abramo M, Detection and molecular characterization of a canine norovirus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1306–8.
- Farkas T, Sestak K, Wei C, Jiang X. Characterization of a rhesus monkey calicivirus representing a new genus of Caliciviridae. J Virol. 2008;82:5408–16.
- Martella V, Campolo M, Lorusso E, Cavicchio P, Camero M, Bellacicco A, Norovirus in captive lion cub (Panthera leo). Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1071–3.
- Jiang X, Huang PW, Zhong WM, Farkas T, Cubitt DW, Matson DO. Design and evaluation of a primer pair that detects both Norwalk- and Sapporo-like caliciviruses by RT-PCR. J Virol Methods. 1999;83:145–54.
- Vennema H, Bruin E, Koopmans M. Rational optimization of generic primers used for Norwalk-like virus detection by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction. J Clin Virol. 2002;25:233–5.
- Vinjé J, Koopmans MPG. Simultaneous detection and genotyping of “Norwalk-like viruses” by oligonucleotide array in a reverse line blot hybridization format. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:2595–601.
- Pratelli A, Tempesta M, Greco G, Martella V, Buonavoglia C. Development of a nested PCR assay for the detection of canine coronavirus. J Virol Methods. 1999;80:11–5.
- Pereira CA, Monezi TA, Mehnert DU, D’Angelo M, Durigon EL. Molecular characterization of canine parvovirus in Brazil by polymerase chain reaction assay. Vet Microbiol. 2000;75:127–33.
- Martella V, Decaro N, Lorusso E, Radogna A, Moschidou P, Amorisco F. Genetic heterogeneity and recombination in canine noroviruses. J Virol. 2009;83:11391–6.
- Widdowson MA, Rockx B, Schepp R, van der Poel WH, Vinje J, van Duynhoven YT, Detection of serum antibodies to bovine norovirus in veterinarians and the general population in the Netherlands. J Med Virol. 2005;76:119–28.
- Grøndalen J, Sævik B, Sørum H. Companion animals as reservoir for zoonotic diseases. European Journal of Companion Animal Practice. 2008;18:213–22.
Page created: February 10, 2011
Page updated: February 10, 2011
Page reviewed: February 10, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.