Volume 16, Number 9—September 2010
Toscana Virus Infection in American Traveler Returning from Sicily, 2009
- Verani P, Ciufolini MG, Nicoletti L, Balducci M, Sabatinelli G, Coluzzi M, Ecological and epidemiological studies of Toscana virus, an arbovirus isolated from Phlebotomus [in Italian]. Ann Ist Super Sanita. 1982;18:397–9.
- Charrel RN, Gallian P, Navarro-Mari JM, Nicoletti L, Papa A, Sánchez-Seco MP, Emergence of Toscana virus in Europe. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:1657–63.
- Venturi G, Ciccozzi M, Montieri S, Bartoloni A, Francisci D, Nicoletti L, Genetic variability of the M genome segment of clinical and environmental Toscana virus strains. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:1288–94.
- Lambert AJ, Lanciotti RS. Consensus amplification and novel multiplex sequencing method for S segment species identification of 47 viruses of the Orthobunyavirus, Phlebovirus, and Nairovirus genera of the family Bunyaviridae. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:2398–404.
- Sánchez-Seco MP, Echevarría JM, Hernández L, Estévez D, Navarro-Marí JM, Tenorio A. Detection and identification of Toscana and other phleboviruses by RT-nested-PCR assays with degenerated primers. J Med Virol. 2003;71:140–9.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA 4: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
- Di Nicuolo G, Pagliano P, Battisti S, Starace M, Mininni V, Attanasio V, Toscana virus central nervous system infections in southern Italy. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:6186–8.
- Calisher CH, Weinberg A, Muth DJ, Lazuick JS. Toscana virus in United States citizen returning from Italy. Lancet. 1987;1:165–6.
- Sonderegger B, Hachler H, Dobler G, Frei M. Imported aseptic meningitis due to Toscana virus acquired on the island of Elba, Italy, August 2008. [PMID: 19161712]. Euro Surveill. 2009;14:1–2.
- Dobler G, Treib J, Haass A, Frösner G, Woesner R, Schimrigk K. Toscana virus infection in German travellers returning from the Mediterranean. Infection. 1997;25:325.
Page created: August 28, 2011
Page updated: August 28, 2011
Page reviewed: August 28, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.