Volume 17, Number 2—February 2011
Pandemic (H1N1) 2009, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, May 2009–March 2010
||Total no. cases
||Mean age, y
|Pandemic (H1N1) 2009|
*Based on Heath Authority Abu Dhabi statistics for 2009 (3). The emirate of Abu Dhabi has a total population of 1,915,903.
†Per 100,000 population.
- Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Investigation Team, Dawood FS, Jain S, Finelli L, Shaw MW, Lindstrom S, et al. Emergence of a novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus in humans. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:2605–15.
- Siva N. Health ministers from around the world make H1N1 top priority. BMJ. 2009;339:b5397.
- Health Authority Abu Dhabi. Health statistics 2009 [cited 2010 Jun 2]. http://www.haad.ae/statistics
- Health Authority Abu Dhabi. 2009 H1N1 Flu (swine flu) [cited 2010 Jun 2]. http://www.haad.ae/haad/swine-flu
- World Health Organization/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Protocol for realtime RTPCR for swine influenza A (H1N1) [cited 2010 May 28]. http://www.who.int/csr/resources/publications/swineflu/CDCrealtimeRTPCRprotocol_20090428.pdf
- Echevarría-Zuno S, Mejía-Aranguré JM, Mar-Obeso AJ, Grajales-Muñiz C, Robles-Pérez E, González-León M, Infection and death from influenza A H1N1 virus in Mexico: a retrospective analysis. Lancet. 2009;374:2072–9.
- Vaillant L, La Ruche G, Tarantola A, Barboza P. Epidemiology of fatal cases associated with pandemic H1N1 influenza 2009. Euro Surveill. 2009;14:pii:19309.
- Writing Committee of the WHO Consultation on Clinical Aspects of Pandemic(H1N1) 2009 Influenza, Bautista E, Chotpitayasunondh T, Gao Z, Harper SA, Shaw M, et al. Clinical aspects of pandemic 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus infection. N Engl J Med. 2010;362:1708–19.
- Jamieson DJ, Honein MA, Rasmussen SA, Williams JL, Swerdlow DL, Biggerstaff MS, H1N1 2009 influenza virus infection during pregnancy in the USA. Lancet. 2009;374:451–8.
- Lee EH, Wu C, Lee EU, Stoute A, Hanson H, Cook HA, Fatalities associated with the 2009 H1N1 influenza A virus in New York City. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;50:1498–504.
- Torres JP, O'Ryan M, Herve B, Espinoza R, Acuña G, Mañalich J, Impact of the novel influenza A (H1N1) during the 2009 autumn–winter season in a large hospital setting in Santiago, Chile. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;50:860–8.
- Jain S, Kamimoto L, Bramley AM, Schmitz AM, Benoit SR, Louie J, Hospitalized patients with 2009 H1N1 influenza in the United States, April–June 2009. N Engl J Med. 2009;361:1935–44.
- Hancock K, Veguilla V, Lu X, Zhong W, Butler EN, Sun H, Cross-reactive antibody responses to the 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus. N Engl J Med. 2009;361:1945–52.
- Itoh Y, Shinya K, Kiso M, Watanabe T, Sakoda Y, Hatta M, In vitro and in vivo characterization of new swine-origin H1N1 influenza viruses. Nature. 2009;460:1021–5.
- Donaldson LJ, Rutter PD, Ellis BM, Greaves FEC, Mytton OT, Pebody RG, Mortality from pandemic A/H1N1 2009 influenza in England: public health surveillance study. BMJ. 2009;339:b5213.
Page created: July 13, 2011
Page updated: July 13, 2011
Page reviewed: July 13, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.