Volume 18, Number 7—July 2012
Dobrava Hantavirus Infection Complicated by Panhypopituitarism, Istanbul, Turkey, 2010
- Clement J, Maes P, Lagrou K, Van Ranst M, Lameire N. A unifying hypothesis and a single name for a complex globally emerging infection: hantavirus disease. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012;31:1–5.
- Hautala T, Sironen T, Vapalahti O, Paakko E, Sarkioja T, Salmela PI, Hypophyseal hemorrhage and panhypopituitarism during Puumala virus infection: magnetic resonance imaging and detection of viral antigen in the hypophysis. Clin Infect Dis. 2002;35:96–101.
- Pekic S, Cvijovic G, Stojanovic M, Kendereski A, Micic D, Popovic V. Hypopituitarism as a late complication of hemorrhagic fever. Endocrine. 2005;26:79–82.
- Hautala T, Mahonen SM, Sironen T, Hautala N, Paakko E, Karttunen A, Central nervous system–related symptoms and findings are common in acute Puumala hantavirus infection. Ann Med. 2010;42:344–51.
- Mäkelä S, Jaatinen P, Miettinen M, Salmi J, Ala-Houhala I, Huhtala H, Hormonal deficiencies during and after Puumala hantavirus infection. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2010;29:705–13.
- Kavukçu S, Türkmen M, Salman S, Soylu S, Çamsari S. What is the risk of nephropathy associated with hantavirus in Agean region. Turkish Nephrology. Dialysis and Transplantation Journal. 1997;3:131–5.
- Çelebi G, Pişkin N, Öktem MA, İrkörücü O, Uğur AK, Öztoprak N, Anatomy of a hantavirus outbreak in Turkey. In: 14th Turkish Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Congress (KLİMİK 2009), Antalya, Turkey, March 25–29, 2009. p. 163.
- Oncul O, Atalay Y, Onem Y, Turhan V, Acar A, Uyar Y, Hantavirus infection in Istanbul, Turkey. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:303–4..
- Laakkonen J, Kallio-Kokko H, Oktem MA, Blasdell K, Plyusnina A, Niemimaa J, Serological survey for viral pathogens in Turkish rodents. J Wildl Dis. 2006;42:672–6.
- Klempa B, Tkachenko EA, Dzagurova TK, Yunicheva YV, Morozov VG, Okulova NM, Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome caused by 2 lineages of Dobrava hantavirus, Russia. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:617–25.
- Kruger DH, Klempa B. Dobrava-Belgrade virus. In: Liu D, editor. Molecular detection of human viral pathogens. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press; 2011. p. 629–36.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: June 12, 2012
Page updated: June 12, 2012
Page reviewed: June 12, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.