Volume 19, Number 8—August 2013
Recombinant Coxsackievirus A2 and Deaths of Children, Hong Kong, 2012
- Pallansch M. Enteroviruses: polioviruses, coxsackieviruses, echoviruses and newer enteroviruses. In: Knipe DM, Howley PM, editors. Fields virology, 5th ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2007. p. 840–93.
- Wong SS, Yip CC, Lau SK, Yuen KY. Human enterovirus 71 and hand, foot and mouth disease. Epidemiol Infect. 2010;138:1071–89.
- Lau SK, Yip CC, Lung DC, Lee P, Que TL, Lau YL, Detection of human rhinovirus C in fecal samples of children with gastroenteritis. J Clin Virol. 2012;53:290–6.
- Yip CC, Lau SK, Woo PC, Chan KH, Yuen KY. Complete genome sequence of a coxsackievirus A22 strain in Hong Kong reveals a natural intratypic recombination event. J Virol. 2011;85:12098–9.
- Yip CC, Lau SK, Zhou B, Zhang MX, Tsoi HW, Chan KH, Emergence of enterovirus 71 “double-recombinant” strains belonging to a novel genotype D originating from southern China: first evidence for combination of intratypic and intertypic recombination events in EV71. Arch Virol. 2010;155:1413–24 and.
- Larkin MA, Blackshields G, Brown NP, Chenna R, McGettigan PA, McWilliam H, Clustal W and Clustal X version 2.0. Bioinformatics. 2007;23:2947–8.
- Keane TM, Creevey CJ, Pentony MM, Naughton TJ, McInerney JO. Assessment of methods of amino acid matrix selection and their use on empirical data shows that ad hoc assumptions for choice of matrix are not justified. BMC Evol Biol. 2006;6:29.
- Guindon S, Dufayard JF, Lefort V, Anisimova M, Hordijk W, Gascuel O. New algorithms and methods to estimate maximum-likelihood phylogenies: assessing the performance of PhyML 3.0. Syst Biol. 2010;59:307–21.
- Lole KS, Bollinger RC, Paranjape RS, Gadkari D, Kulkarni SS, Novak NG, Full-length human immunodeficiency virus type 1 genomes from subtype C–infected seroconverters in India, with evidence of intersubtype recombination. J Virol. 1999;73:152–60 .
- Lukashev AN. Role of recombination in evolution of enteroviruses. Rev Med Virol. 2005;15:157–67 .
- McWilliam Leitch EC, Cabrerizo M, Cardosa J, Harvala H, Ivanova OE, Koike S, The association of recombination events in the founding and emergence of subgenogroup evolutionary lineages of human enterovirus 71. J Virol. 2012;86:2676–85 .