Volume 19, Number 8—August 2013
Novel G10P Rotavirus Strain, Northern Territory, Australia
- Estes MK, Kapikian AZ. Rotviruses. In: Fields BN, Knipe DM, Howley PM, editors. Fields virology, 5th ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2007. p. 1917–74.
- Matthijnssens J, Ciarlet M, McDonald SM, Attoui H, Banyai K, Brister JR, Uniformity of rotavirus strain nomenclature proposed by the Rotavirus Classification Working Group (RCWG). Arch Virol. 2011;156:1397–413 .
- Soares-Weiser K, Maclehose H, Bergman H, Ben-Aharon I, Nagpal S, Goldberg E, Vaccines for preventing rotavirus diarrhoea: vaccines in use. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;2:CD008521 .
- Steyer A, Bajzelj M, Iturriza-Gomara M, Mladenova Z, Korsun N, Poljsak-Prijatelj M. Molecular analysis of human group A rotavirus G10P genotype in Slovenia. J Clin Virol. 2010;49:121–5 .
- Palombo EA, Bishop RF. Genetic and antigenic characterization of a serotype G6 human rotavirus isolated in Melbourne, Australia. J Med Virol. 1995;47:348–54 .
- Matthijnssens J, Potgieter CA, Ciarlet M, Parreno V, Martella V, Banyai K, Are human P rotavirus strains the result of interspecies transmissions from sheep or other ungulates that belong to the mammalian order Artiodactyla? J Virol. 2009;83:2917–29 .
- Swiatek DL, Palombo EA, Lee A, Coventry MJ, Britz ML, Kirkwood CD. Detection and analysis of bovine rotavirus strains circulating in Australian calves during 2004 and 2005. Vet Microbiol. 2010;140:56–62 .
- Swiatek DL, Palombo EA, Lee A, Coventry MJ, Britz ML, Kirkwood CD. Characterisation of G8 human rotaviruses in Australian children with gastroenteritis. Virus Res. 2010;148:1–7 .
- Grant J. Feral animals in the NT 2012 [cited 2012 Aug 15]. http://www.lrm.nt.gov.au/feral
- Snelling TL, Markey P, Carapetis JR, Andrews RM. Rotavirus in the Northern Territory before and after vaccination. Microbiol Aust. 2012;33:61–3 http://journals.cambridgemedia.com.au/UserDir/CambridgeJournal/Articles/05snelling412.pdf.
- Snelling TL, Schultz R, Graham J, Roseby R, Barnes GL, Andrews RM, Rotavirus and the indigenous children of the Australian outback: monovalent vaccine effective in a high-burden setting. Clin Infect Dis. 2009;49:428–31 .
- Snelling TL, Andrews RM, Kirkwood CD, Culvenor S, Carapetis JR. Case–control evaluation of the effectiveness of the G1P human rotavirus vaccine during an outbreak of rotavirus G2P infection in central Australia. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52:191–9.
- Buttery JP, Lambert SB, Grimwood K, Nissen MD, Field EJ, Macartney KK, Reduction in rotavirus-associated acute gastroenteritis following introduction of rotavirus vaccine into Australia's National Childhood vaccine schedule. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2011;30(Suppl):S25–9 and.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics. The health and welfare of Australia's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. 2010 [cited 2012 Aug 27]. http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/lookup/4704.0Main+Features1Oct+2010
- Li QS, Guthridge S, d'Espaignet ET, Paterson B. From infancy to young adulthood: Health status in the Northern Territory, 2006. In: Department of Health and Community Services, Darwin, Australia. 2006.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: July 19, 2013
Page updated: July 19, 2013
Page reviewed: July 19, 2013
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.