Volume 20, Number 11—November 2014
Human Co-Infection with Avian and Seasonal Influenza Viruses, China
- Zhu Y, Qi X, Cui L, Zhou M, Wang H. Human co-infection with novel avian influenza A H7N9 and influenza A H3N2 viruses in Jiangsu province, China. Lancet. 2013;381:2134.
- Yu X, Jin T, Cui Y, Pu X, Li J, Xu J, Influenza H7N9 and H9N2 viruses: coexistence in poultry linked to human H7N9 infection and genome characteristics. J Virol. 2014;88:3423–31.
- Cui L, Liu D, Shi W, Pan J, Qi X, Li X, Dynamic reassortments and genetic heterogeneity of the human-infecting influenza A (H7N9) virus. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3142.
- Tamura K, Peterson D, Peterson N, Stecher G, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA5: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis using maximum likelihood, evolutionary distance, and maximum parsimony methods. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:2731–9.
- Gao R, Cao B, Hu Y, Feng Z, Wang D, Hu W, Human infection with a novel avian-origin influenza A (H7N9) virus. N Engl J Med. 2013;368:1888–97.
- Li J, Shao TJ, Yu XF, Pan JC, Pu XY, Wang HQ, Molecular evolution of HA gene of the influenza A H1N1 pdm09 strain during the consecutive seasons 2009–2011 in Hangzhou, China: several immune-escape variants without positively selected sites. J Clin Virol. 2012;55:363–6.
- Tan Y, Guan W, Lam TT, Pan S, Wu S, Zhan Y, Differing epidemiological dynamics of influenza B virus lineages in Guangzhou, southern China, 2009–2010. J Virol. 2013;87:12447–56.
- Chen Y, Liang W, Yang S, Wu N, Gao H, Sheng J, Human infections with the emerging avian influenza A H7N9 virus from wet market poultry: clinical analysis and characterisation of viral genome. Lancet. 2013;381:1916–25.
- Chan MC, Chan RW, Chan LL, Mok CK, Hui KP, Fong JH, Tropism and innate host responses of a novel avian influenza A H7N9 virus: an analysis of ex-vivo and in-vitro cultures of the human respiratory tract. Lancet Respir Med. 2013;1:534–42.
- Couceiro JN, Paulson JC, Baum LG. Influenza virus strains selectively recognize sialyloligosaccharides on human respiratory epithelium; the role of the host cell in selection of hemagglutinin receptor specificity. Virus Res. 1993;29:155–65.