Volume 20, Number 3—March 2014
Novel Cetacean Morbillivirus in Guiana Dolphin, Brazil
- Di Guardo G, Marruchella G, Agrimi U, Kennedy S. Morbillivirus infections in aquatic mammals: a brief overview. J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med. 2005;52:88–93.
- Kennedy S. Morbillivirus infections in aquatic mammals. J Comp Pathol. 1998;119:201–25 .
- Barrett T, Visser IK, Mamaev L, Goatley L, Van Bressem MF, Osterhaus AD. Dolphin and porpoise morbilliviruses are genetically distinct from phocine distemper virus. Virology. 1993;193:1010–2.
- Taubenberger JK, Tsai MM, Atkin TJ, Fanning TG, Krafft AE, Moeller RB, Molecular genetic evidence of a novel morbillivirus in a long-finned pilot whale (Globicephalus melas). Emerg Infect Dis. 2000;6:42–5.
- Van Bressem M-F, Raga JA, Guardo GD, Jepson PD, Duignan PJ, Siebert U, Emerging infectious diseases in cetaceans worldwide and the possible role of environmental stressors. Dis Aquat Organ. 2009;86:143–57.
- Stone BM, Blyde DJ, Saliki JT, Blas-Machado U, Bingham J, Hyatt A, Fatal cetacean morbillivirus infection in an Australian offshore bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus). Aust Vet J. 2011;89:452–7.
- Van Bressen MF, Van Waerebeek K, Jepson PD, Raga JA, Duignan PJ, Nielsen O, An insight into the epidemiology of dolphin morbillivirus worldwide. Vet Microbiol. 2001;81:287–304.
- Di Beneditto APM, Ramos RMA. Biology of the marine tucuxi dolphin (Sotalia fluviatilis) in south-eastern Brazil. J Mar Biol Assoc U K. 2004;84:1245–50.
- Saliki JT, Cooper EJ, Gustavson JP. Emerging morbillivirus infections of marine mammals: development of two diagnostic approaches. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;969:51–9.
- Bossart GD, Romano TA, Peden-Adams MM, Schaefer A, McCulloch S, Goldstein JD, Clinicoimmunopathologic findings in Atlantic bottlenose dolphins Tursiops truncatus with positive cetacean morbillivirus antibody titers. Dis Aquat Organ. 2011;97:103–12 .
Page created: February 20, 2014
Page updated: February 20, 2014
Page reviewed: February 20, 2014
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.