Volume 20, Number 4—April 2014
Decline of Salmonella enterica Serotype Choleraesuis Infections, Taiwan
- Chiu CH, Su LH, Chu C. Salmonella enterica serotype Choleraesuis: epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical disease, and treatment. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004;17:311–22.
- Chiu CH, Wu TL, Su LH, Chu C, Chia JH, Kuo AJ, The emergence in Taiwan of fluoroquinolone resistance in Salmonella enterica serotype Choleraesuis. N Engl J Med. 2002;346:413–9.
- Hsueh PR, Teng LJ, Tseng SP, Chang CF, Wan JH, Yan JJ, Ciprofloxacin-resistant Salmonella enterica Typhimurium and Choleraesuis from pigs to humans, Taiwan. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:60–8.
- Council of Agriculture. Executive Yuan R.O.C. (Taiwan). Implementation of agricultural policies [cited 2013 Aug 27]. http://eng.coa.gov.tw/content_view.php?catid=9567&hot_new=8816
- CC H, Jong MH, Lin SY. Characteristics of foot and mouth disease virus in Taiwan. J Vet Med Sci. 2000;62:677–9.
- McDonald LC, Chen MT, Lauderdale TL, Ho M. The use of antibiotics critical to human medicine in food-producing animals in Taiwan. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2001;34:97–102 .
- Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan, Taiwan. Suisaloral, veterinary drug license no. 06387, issued in 2002 [in Chinese] [cited 2013 Aug 27]. http://22.214.171.124/Animal/MedLicContent.aspx?k1=2&k2=06387
- Council of Agriculture. Executive Yuan, Taiwan. Chapter 1, III. Development of safe agriculture, protection of consumers’ rights; COA annual report 2004 [cited 2013 Aug 27]. http://www.coa.gov.tw/view.php?catid=10199
- Chia-Hung Shi. Death insurance program for pigs—implementation history and effectiveness [in Chinese]. Taiwan Agricultural Information Technology Development Association. 2007, volume 3 [cited 2013 Aug 27]. http://www.taita.org.tw/show_epaper/taita/03/policy.htm
- Taiwan Agriculture and Food Traceability System. Pigs—Taiwan good agricultural practice. 2008 [in Chinese] [cited 2013 Aug 27]. http://taft.coa.gov.tw/public/data/8101310192671.pdf
Page created: March 18, 2014
Page updated: March 18, 2014
Page reviewed: March 18, 2014
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.