Volume 20, Number 8—August 2014
Role of Migratory Birds in Spreading Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever, Turkey
- Leblebicioglu H. Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever in Eurasia. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2010;36(Suppl 1):S43–6 and.
- Uyar Y, Christova I, Papa A. Current situation of Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) in Anatolia and Balkan Peninsula. Turk Hij Deney Biyol Derg. 2011;68:139–51.
- Shirihai H, Kirwan GM, Yosef R. Raptor migration in Israel and the Middle East: a summary of 30 years of field research. Eilat (Israel): International Birding & Research Center in Eliat; 2000.
- Bariş S, Erciyas K, Gürsoy A, Özsemir C, Nowakowski J. Cernek—a new bird ringing station in Turkey. Ring. 2005;27:113–20.
- Walker AR, Bouattour A, Camicas J-L, Estrada-Peña A, Horak IG, Latif AA, Ticks of domestic animals in Africa: a guide to identification of species. Edinburgh (Scotland): Bioscience Reports; 2003.
- Yapar M, Aydogan H, Pahsa A, Besirbellioglu BA, Bodur H, Basustaoglu AC, Rapid and quantitative detection of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus by one-step real-time reverse transcriptase–PCR. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2005;58:358–62 .
- Schwarz TF, Nsanze H, Longson M, Nitschko H, Gilch S, Shurie H, Polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis and identification of distinct variants of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in the United Arab Emirates. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1996;55:190–6 .
- Mild M, Simon M, Albert J, Mirazimi A. Towards an understanding of the migration of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:199–207 and.
- Alerstam T, Christie DA. Bird migration. Cambridge (UK): Cambridge University Press; 1993.
- Tekin S, Bursali A, Mutluay N, Keskin A, Dundar E. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in various ixodid tick species from a highly endemic area. Vet Parasitol. 2012;186:546–52 and.
- Albayrak H, Ozan E, Kurt M. Molecular detection of Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever virus (CCHFV) but not West Nile virus (WNV) in hard ticks from provinces in northern Turkey. Zoonoses Public Health. 2010;57:e156–60 and.
- Zeller HG, Cornet JP, Camicas JL. Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever virus infection in birds: field investigations in Senegal. Res Virol. 1994;145:105–9 and.
- Lindeborg M, Barboutis C, Ehrenborg C, Fransson T, Jaenson TG, Lindgren PE, Migratory birds, ticks, and Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:2095–7 and.
- Palomar AM, Portillo A, Santibanez P, Mazuelas D, Arizaga J, Crespo A, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in ticks from migratory birds, Morocco. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013;19:260–3 and.
- Tsiodras S, Kelesidis T, Kelesidis I, Bauchinger U, Falagas ME. Human infections associated with wild birds. J Infect. 2008;56:83–98 and.
Page created: July 18, 2014
Page updated: July 18, 2014
Page reviewed: July 18, 2014
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.