Volume 21, Number 1—January 2015
Antibodies against Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato among Adults, Germany, 2008–2011
- Fingerle V, Schulte-Spechtel UC, Ruzic-Sabljic E, Leonhard S, Hofmann H, Weber K, Epidemiological aspects and molecular characterization of Borrelia burgdorferi s.l. from southern Germany with special respect to the new species Borrelia spielmanii sp. nov. Int J Med Microbiol. 2008;298:279–90.
- Strle F, Stanek G. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of Lyme borreliosis. Curr Probl Dermatol. 2009;37:51–110.
- Rizzoli A, Hauffe H, Carpi G, Vourc HG, Neteler M, Rosa R. Lyme borreliosis in Europe. Euro Surveill. 2011;16:19906 .
- Bacon RM, Kugeler KJ, Mead PS. Surveillance for Lyme disease—United States, 1992–2006. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2008;57:1–9.
- Berglund J, Eitrem R, Ornstein K, Lindberg A, Ringer A, Elmrud H, An epidemiologic study of Lyme disease in southern Sweden. N Engl J Med. 1995;333:1319–24.
- Huppertz HI, Böhme M, Standaert SM, Karch H, Plotkin SA. Incidence of Lyme borreliosis in the Würzburg region of Germany. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 1999;18:697–703.
- Wilking H, Stark K. Trends in surveillance data of human Lyme borreliosis from six federal states in eastern Germany, 2009–2012. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2014;5:219–24.
- Ertel SH, Nelson RS, Cartter ML. Effect of surveillance method on reported characteristics of Lyme disease, Connecticut, 1996–2007. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:242–7.
- Dehnert M, Fingerle V, Klier C, Talaska T, Schlaud M, Krause G, Seropositivity of Lyme borreliosis and associated risk factors: a population-based study in children and adolescents in Germany (KiGGS). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41321.
- Scheidt-Nave C, Kamtsiuris P, Gosswald A, Holling H, Lange M, Busch MA, German health interview and examination survey for adults (DEGS)—design, objectives and implementation of the first data collection wave. BMC Public Health. 2012;12:730.
- Tomao P, Ciceroni L, D'Ovidio MC, De RM, Vonesch N, Iavicoli S, Prevalence and incidence of antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi and to tick-borne encephalitis virus in agricultural and forestry workers from Tuscany, Italy. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2005;24:457–63.
- Hristea A, Hristescu S, Ciufecu C, Vasile A. Seroprevalence of Borrelia burgdorferi in Romania. Eur J Epidemiol. 2001;17:891–6.
- Hassler D, Zoller L, Haude M, Hufnagel HD, Sonntag HG. Lyme borreliosis in an endemic region in Europe: prevalence of antibodies and clinical spectrum [in German]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 1992;117:767–74 .
- Carlsson SA, Granlund H, Nyman D, Wahlberg P. IgG seroprevalence of Lyme borreliosis in the population of the Aland Islands in Finland. Scand J Infect Dis. 1998;30:501–3 and.
- Nadelman RB, Hanincova K, Mukherjee P, Liveris D, Nowakowski J, McKenna D, Differentiation of reinfection from relapse in recurrent Lyme disease. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:1883–90 .
Page created: December 19, 2014
Page updated: December 19, 2014
Page reviewed: December 19, 2014
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.