Volume 21, Number 12—December 2015
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus among Farmed Pigs, Ukraine
- Wood EN. An apparently new syndrome of porcine epidemic diarrhea. Vet Rec. 1977;100:243–4.
- Song D, Park B. Porcine epidemic diarrhea virus: a comprehensive review of molecular epidemiology, diagnosis, and vaccines. Virus Genes. 2012;44:167–75.
- Sun RQ, Cai RJ, Chen YQ, Liang P, Chen D, Song C. Outbreak of porcine epidemic diarrhea in suckling piglets, China. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:161–3.
- Stevenson GW, Hoang H, Schwartz KJ, Burrough ER, Sun D, Madson D, Emergence of Porcine epidemic diarrhea virus in the United States: clinical signs, lesions, and viral genomic sequences. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2013;25:649–54.
- Wang L, Byrum B, Zhang Y. New variant of porcine epidemic diarrhea virus, United States, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:917–9.
- Vlasova AN, Marthaler D, Wang Q, Culhane MR, Rossow KD, Rovira A, Distinct characteristics and complex evolution of PEDV strains, North America, May 2013-February 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1620–8.
- Pasick J, Berhane Y, Ojkic D, Maxie G, Embury-Hyatt C, Swekla K, Investigation into the role of potentially contaminated feed as a source of the first-detected outbreaks of porcine epidemic diarrhea in Canada. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2014;61:397–410.
- Hanke D, Jenckel M, Petrov A, Ritzmann M, Stadler J, Akimkin V, Comparison of Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Viruses from Germany and the United States. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:493–6.
- Van der Wolf PJ, Van Walderveen A, Meertens MN, Van Hout AJ, Duinhof TF, Geudeke MJ, First case of porcine epidemic diarrhea (PED) caused by a new variant of PED virus in the Netherlands. In: Proceedings of the 7th European Symposium of Porcine Health Management, 2015 Apr 22–24, Nantes, France. Brussels: European College of Porcine Health Management and the European Association of Porcine Health Management; 2015. p. 79.
- European Food Safety Authority. Scientific opinion on porcine epidemic diarrhoea and emerging porcine deltacoronavirus. EFSA Journal. 2014;12:3877.
- Carvajal A. Diagnostic and surveillance of porcine epidemic diarrhea. In: Proceedings of the 7th European Symposium of Porcine Health Management; 2015 Apr 22–24, Nantes, France. Brussels: European College of Porcine Health Management and the European Association of Porcine Health Management; 2015. p. 56–7.
- Zerbino DR, Birney E. Velvet: algorithms for de novo short read assembly using de Bruijn graphs. Genome Res. 2008;18:821–9.
- Tamura K, Peterson D, Peterson N, Stecher G, Nei M, Kumar S. Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis using maximum likelihood, evolutionary distance, and maximum parsimony methods. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:2731–9.
- Alonso C, Goede DP, Morrison RB, Davies PR, Rovira A, Marthaler DG, Evidence of infectivity of airborne porcine epidemic diarrhea virus and detection of airborne viral RNA at long distances from infected herds. Vet Res. 2014;45:73.
- Williamson S, Strugnell B, Thomson J, Webster G, McOrist S, Clarke H. Emergence of severe porcine epidemic diarrhea in pigs in the USA. Vet Rec. 2013;173:146–8.
Page created: November 17, 2015
Page updated: November 17, 2015
Page reviewed: November 17, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.