Volume 21, Number 3—March 2015
High Prevalence of Hepatitis Delta Virus among Persons Who Inject Drugs, Vietnam
- Taylor JM. Virology of hepatitis D virus. Semin Liver Dis. 2012;32:195–200 .
- Le Gal F, Gault E, Ripault MP, Serpaggi J, Trinchet JC, Gordien E, Eighth major clade for hepatitis delta virus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:1447–50.
- Sakugawa H, Nakasone H, Nakayoshi T, Kawakami Y, Miyazato S, Kinjo F, Hepatitis delta virus genotype IIb predominates in an endemic area, Okinawa, Japan. J Med Virol. 1999;58:366–72.
- Casey JL, Brown TL, Colan EJ, Wignall FS, Gerin JL. A genotype of hepatitis D virus that occurs in Northern South America. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:9016–20.
- Nguyen VT, McLaws ML, Dore GJ. Highly endemic hepatitis B infection in rural Vietnam. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;22:2093–100.
- Tran HTT, Ushijima H, Quang VX, Phuong N, Li TC, Hayashi S, Prevalence of hepatitis virus types B through E and genotypic distribution of HBV and HCV in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Hepatol Res. 2003;26:275–80.
- Dunford L, Carr MJ, Dean J, Nguyen LT, Ta Thi TH, Nguyen BT, A multicentre molecular analysis of hepatitis B and blood-borne virus coinfections in Viet Nam. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39027.
- Sy BT, Ratsch BA, Toan NL, Song LH, Wollboldt C, Bryniok A, High prevalence and significance of hepatitis D virus infection among treatment-naive HBsAg-positive patients in Northern Vietnam. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78094.
- Sy BT, Nguyen HM, Toan NL, Song LH, Tong HV, Wollbolt C, Identification of a natural intergenotypic recombinant hepatitis delta virus genotype 1 and 2 in Vietnamese HBsAg-positive patients. J Viral Hepat. 2015;22:55–63 .
- Hughes SA, Wedemeyer H, Harrison PM. Hepatitis delta virus. Lancet. 2011;378:73–85.
Page created: February 18, 2015
Page updated: February 18, 2015
Page reviewed: February 18, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.