Volume 22, Number 1—January 2016
Variations in Spike Glycoprotein Gene of MERS-CoV, South Korea, 2015
- Zaki AM, van Boheemen S, Bestebroer TM, Osterhaus AD, Fouchier RA. Isolation of a novel coronavirus from a man with pneumonia in Saudi Arabia. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:1814–20 and.
- Raj VS, Mou H, Smits SL, Dekkers DH, Muller MA, Dijkman R, Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 is a functional receptor for the emerging human coronavirus-EMC. Nature. 2013;495:251–4 and.
- Wang N, Shi X, Jiang L, Zhang S, Wang D, Tong P, Structure of MERS-CoV spike receptor-binding domain complexed with human receptor DPP4. Cell Res. 2013;23:986–93 and.
- Song F, Fux R, Provacia LB, Volz A, Eickmann M, Becker S, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein delivered by modified vaccinia virus Ankara efficiently induces virus-neutralizing antibodies. J Virol. 2013;87:11950–4 and.
- World Health Organization WHO). Laboratory testing for Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. Interim guidance (revised). WHO/MERS/LAB/15.1. Geneva: The Organization; 2015 [cited 2015 Oct 15]. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/176982/1/WHO_MERS_LAB_15.1_eng.pdf
- World Health Organization Regional Office for the Western Pacific (WHO/Western Pacific Region). Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV)—Republic of Korea. Manila: WHO/Western Pacific Region; May 30, 2015 [cited 2015 Oct 5]. http://www.who.int/csr/don/30-may-2015-mers-korea/en/
- Kim YJ, Cho YJ, Kim DW, Yang JS, Kim H, Park S, Complete genome sequence of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus KOR/KNIH/002_05_2015, isolated in South Korea. Genome Announc. 2015;3:e00787–15.
- Somily A, Barry M, Al Subaie SS. BinSaeed AA, Alzamil FA, Zaher W, et al. 2015. Evolution patterns of the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) obtained from MERS patients in early 2015 [cited 2015 Oct 5]. http://virological.org/uploads/default/original/1X/40ca96d0d6ceb95bacbda00b974b50170d412d9b.pdf
- Edgar RC. MUSCLE: multiple sequence alignment with high accuracy and high throughput. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1792–7 and.
- Stamatakis A. RAxML version 8: a tool for phylogenetic analysis and post-analysis of large phylogenies. Bioinformatics. 2014;30:1312–3 and.
- Mohapatra JK, Pandey LK, Rai DK, Das B, Rodriguez LL, Rout M, Cell culture adaptation mutations in foot-and-mouth disease virus serotype A capsid proteins: implications for receptor interactions. J Gen Virol. 2015;96:553–64 and.
- Cotten M, Watson SJ, Zumla AI, Makhdoom HQ, Palser AL, Ong SH, Spread, circulation, and evolution of the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. MBio. 2014;5:e01062–13 and.
- Barry MA, Al Subaie SS, Somily AM. BinSaeed AA, Alzamil FA, Al-Jahdali IA, et al. Recent evolution patterns of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), 2015 [cited 2015 Oct 15]. http://virological.org/uploads/default/78/4a6e0a6e90d92867.pdf
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: December 18, 2015
Page updated: December 18, 2015
Page reviewed: December 18, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.