Volume 23, Number 12—December 2017
New Avian Hepadnavirus in Palaeognathous Bird, Germany
- Funk A, Mhamdi M, Will H, Sirma H. Avian hepatitis B viruses: molecular and cellular biology, phylogenesis, and host tropism. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:91–103.
- Hahn CM, Iwanowicz LR, Cornman RS, Conway CM, Winton JR, Blazer VS. Characterization of a novel hepadnavirus in the white sucker (Catostomus commersonii) from the Great Lakes region of the United States. J Virol. 2015;89:11801–11.
- Liu W, Pan S, Yang H, Bai W, Shen Z, Liu J, et al. The first full-length endogenous hepadnaviruses: identification and analysis. J Virol. 2012;86:9510–3.
- Suh A, Brosius J, Schmitz J, Kriegs JO. The genome of a Mesozoic paleovirus reveals the evolution of hepatitis B viruses. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1791.
- Suh A, Weber CC, Kehlmaier C, Braun EL, Green RE, Fritz U, et al. Early mesozoic coexistence of amniotes and hepadnaviridae. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004559.
- Chang SF, Netter HJ, Hildt E, Schuster R, Schaefer S, Hsu YC, et al. Duck hepatitis B virus expresses a regulatory HBx-like protein from a hidden open reading frame. J Virol. 2001;75:161–70.
- Huelsenbeck JP, Ronquist F. MRBAYES: Bayesian inference of phylogenetic trees. Bioinformatics. 2001;17:754–5.
- Pfankuche VM, Bodewes R, Hahn K, Puff C, Beineke A, Habierski A, et al. Porcine bocavirus infection associated with encephalomyelitis in a pig, Germany. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016;22:1310–2.
- Prassolov A, Hohenberg H, Kalinina T, Schneider C, Cova L, Krone O, et al. New hepatitis B virus of cranes that has an unexpected broad host range. J Virol. 2003;77:1964–76.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: November 16, 2017
Page updated: November 16, 2017
Page reviewed: November 16, 2017
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.