Volume 23, Number 7—July 2017
Rabbit Hepatitis E Virus Infections in Humans, France
- Lhomme S, Marion O, Abravanel F, Chapuy-Regaud S, Kamar N, Izopet J. Pathogenesis. Viruses. 2016;8:E212.
- Kamar N, Dalton HR, Abravanel F, Izopet J. Hepatitis E virus infection. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2014;27:116–38.
- Smith DB, Simmonds P, Izopet J, Oliveira-Filho EF, Ulrich RG, Johne R, et al. Proposed reference sequences for hepatitis E virus subtypes. J Gen Virol. 2016;97:537–42.
- Lhomme S, Dubois M, Abravanel F, Top S, Bertagnoli S, Guerin JL, et al. Risk of zoonotic transmission of HEV from rabbits. J Clin Virol. 2013;58:357–62.
- Caruso C, Modesto P, Prato R, Scaglione FE, De Marco L, Bollo E, et al. Hepatitis E virus: first description in a pet house rabbit. A new transmission route for human? Transbound Emerg Dis. 2015;62:229–32.
- Izopet J, Dubois M, Bertagnoli S, Lhomme S, Marchandeau S, Boucher S, et al. Hepatitis E virus strains in rabbits and evidence of a closely related strain in humans, France. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:1274–81.
- Abravanel F, Sandres-Saune K, Lhomme S, Dubois M, Mansuy JM, Izopet J. Genotype 3 diversity and quantification of hepatitis E virus RNA. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:897–902.
- Legrand-Abravanel F, Mansuy JM, Dubois M, Kamar N, Peron JM, Rostaing L, et al. Hepatitis E virus genotype 3 diversity, France. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:110–4.
- Kamar N, Rostaing L, Legrand-Abravanel F, Izopet J. How should hepatitis E virus infection be defined in organ-transplant recipients? Am J Transplant. 2013;13:1935–6.
- Mansuy JM, Abravanel F, Miedouge M, Mengelle C, Merviel C, Dubois M, et al. Acute hepatitis E in south-west France over a 5-year period. J Clin Virol. 2009;44:74–7.
- Bouquet J, Tessé S, Lunazzi A, Eloit M, Rose N, Nicand E, et al. Close similarity between sequences of hepatitis E virus recovered from humans and swine, France, 2008-2009. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:2018–25.
- Lhomme S, Abravanel F, Dubois M, Chapuy-Regaud S, Sandres-Saune K, Mansuy JM, et al. Temporal evolution of the distribution of hepatitis E virus genotypes in Southwestern France. Infect Genet Evol. 2015;35:50–5.
- Gallian P, Lhomme S, Piquet Y, Sauné K, Abravanel F, Assal A, et al. Hepatitis E virus infections in blood donors, France. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1914–7.
- Mansuy JM, Gallian P, Dimeglio C, Saune K, Arnaud C, Pelletier B, et al. A nationwide survey of hepatitis E viral infection in French blood donors. Hepatology. 2016;63:1145–54.
- Kamar N, Izopet J, Tripon S, Bismuth M, Hillaire S, Dumortier J, et al. Ribavirin for chronic hepatitis E virus infection in transplant recipients. N Engl J Med. 2014;370:1111–20.
Page created: June 19, 2017
Page updated: June 19, 2017
Page reviewed: June 19, 2017
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.