Volume 24, Number 4—April 2018
Direct Whole-Genome Sequencing of Cutaneous Strains of Haemophilus ducreyi
- González-Beiras C, Marks M, Chen CY, Roberts S, Mitjà O. Epidemiology of Haemophilus ducreyi infections. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016;22:1–8.
- Ghinai R, El-Duah P, Chi K-H, Pillay A, Solomon AW, Bailey RL, et al. A cross-sectional study of ‘yaws’ in districts of Ghana which have previously undertaken azithromycin mass drug administration for trachoma control. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2015;9:e0003496.
- Mitjà O, Lukehart SA, Pokowas G, Moses P, Kapa A, Godornes C, et al. Haemophilus ducreyi as a cause of skin ulcers in children from a yaws-endemic area of Papua New Guinea: a prospective cohort study. Lancet Glob Health. 2014;2:e235–41.
- Marks M, Chi K-H, Vahi V, Pillay A, Sokana O, Pavluck A, et al. Haemophilus ducreyi associated with skin ulcers among children, Solomon Islands. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1705–7.
- Marks M, Mitjà O, Vestergaard LS, Pillay A, Knauf S, Chen C-Y, et al. Challenges and key research questions for yaws eradication. Lancet Infect Dis. 2015;15:1220–5.
- Chen C-Y, Ballard RC. The molecular diagnosis of sexually transmitted genital ulcer disease. In: MacKenzie CR, Henrich, editors. Diagnosis of sexually transmitted diseases—methods and protocols. New York: Springer-Verlag; 2012. p. 103–12.
- Gangaiah D, Webb KM, Humphreys TL, Fortney KR, Toh E, Tai A, et al. Haemophilus ducreyi cutaneous ulcer strains are nearly identical to Class I genital ylcer strains. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2015;9:e0003918.
- Gangaiah D, Marinov GK, Roberts SA, Robson J, Spinola SM. Draft whole-genome sequence of Haemophilus ducreyi strain AUSPNG1, isolated from a cutaneous ulcer of a child from Papua New Guinea. Genome Announc. 2016;4:e01661–15.
- Gangaiah D, Spinola SM. Haemophilus ducreyi cutaneous ulcer strains diverged from both Class I and Class II genital ulcer strains: implications for epidemiological studies. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2016;10:e0005259.
- Marks M, Vahi V, Sokana O, Puiahi E, Pavluck A, Zhang Z, et al. Mapping the epidemiology of yaws in the Solomon Islands: a cluster randomized survey. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2015;92:129–33.
- Orle KA, Gates CA, Martin DH, Body BA, Weiss JB. Simultaneous PCR detection of Haemophilus ducreyi, Treponema pallidum, and herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2 from genital ulcers. J Clin Microbiol. 1996;34:49–54.
- Quail MA, Kozarewa I, Smith F, Scally A, Stephens PJ, Durbin R, et al. A large genome center’s improvements to the Illumina sequencing system. Nat Methods. 2008;5:1005–10.
- Ricotta EE, Wang N, Cutler R, Lawrence JG, Humphreys TL. Rapid divergence of two classes of Haemophilus ducreyi. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:2941–7.
- Janowicz DM, Cooney SA, Walsh J, Baker B, Katz BP, Fortney KR, et al. Expression of the Flp proteins by Haemophilus ducreyi is necessary for virulence in human volunteers. BMC Microbiol. 2011;11:208.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: March 19, 2018
Page updated: March 19, 2018
Page reviewed: March 19, 2018
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.