Volume 25, Number 1—January 2019
Puumala Hantavirus Genotypes in Humans, France, 2012–2016
- Vaheri A, Henttonen H, Voutilainen L, Mustonen J, Sironen T, Vapalahti O. Hantavirus infections in Europe and their impact on public health. Rev Med Virol. 2013;23:35–49.
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV). 2016.023a-cM Hantavirus approved proposal. 2017 March 19. [cited 2018 Feb 9]. https://talk.ictvonline.org/ICTV/proposals/2016.023a-cM.A.v2.Hantavirus_sprev.pdf
- Sironen T, Vaheri A, Plyusnin A. Molecular evolution of Puumala hantavirus. J Virol. 2001;75:11803–10.
- Razzauti M, Plyusnina A, Niemimaa J, Henttonen H, Plyusnin A. Co-circulation of two Puumala hantavirus lineages in Latvia: a Russian lineage described previously and a novel Latvian lineage. J Med Virol. 2012;84:314–8.
- Evander M, Eriksson I, Pettersson L, Juto P, Ahlm C, Olsson GE, et al. Puumala hantavirus viremia diagnosed by real-time reverse transcriptase PCR using samples from patients with hemorrhagic fever and renal syndrome. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2491–7.
- Reynes JM, Carli D, Renaudin B, Fizet A, Bour JB, Brodard V, et al. Surveillance of human hantavirus infections in metropolitan France 2012–2016. [in French]. Bull Epidemiol Hebd (Paris). 2017;23:492–9.
- Plyusnina A, Deter J, Charbonnel N, Cosson JF, Plyusnin A. Puumala and Tula hantaviruses in France. Virus Res. 2007;129:58–63.
- Castel G, Couteaudier M, Sauvage F, Pons JB, Murri S, Plyusnina A, et al. Complete genome and phylogeny of Puumala hantavirus isolates circulating in France. Viruses. 2015;7:5476–88.
- Kramski M, Meisel H, Klempa B, Krüger DH, Pauli G, Nitsche A. Detection and typing of human pathogenic hantaviruses by real-time reverse transcription-PCR and pyrosequencing. Clin Chem. 2007;53:1899–905.
- Bowen MD, Gelbmann W, Ksiazek TG, Nichol ST, Nowotny N. Puumala virus and two genetic variants of Tula virus are present in Austrian rodents. J Med Virol. 1997;53:174–81.
- Aitichou M, Saleh SS, McElroy AK, Schmaljohn C, Ibrahim MS. Identification of Dobrava, Hantaan, Seoul, and Puumala viruses by one-step real-time RT-PCR. J Virol Methods. 2005;124:21–6.
- Garin D, Peyrefitte C, Crance JM, Le Faou A, Jouan A, Bouloy M. Highly sensitive Taqman PCR detection of Puumala hantavirus. Microbes Infect. 2001;3:739–45.
- Korva M, Saksida A, Kejžar N, Schmaljohn C, Avšič-Županc T. Viral load and immune response dynamics in patients with haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2013;19:E358–66.
- Lagerqvist N, Hagström Å, Lundahl M, Nilsson E, Juremalm M, Larsson I, et al. Molecular diagnosis of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome caused by Puumala virus. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:1335–9.
- Razzauti M, Plyusnina A, Sironen T, Henttonen H, Plyusnin A. Analysis of Puumala hantavirus in a bank vole population in northern Finland: evidence for co-circulation of two genetic lineages and frequent reassortment between strains. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:1923–31.
1Current affiliation: Institut Pasteur, Paris, France.
2Current affiliation: Laboratoire P4 INSERM Jean Mérieux, Lyon, France.
Page created: December 17, 2018
Page updated: December 17, 2018
Page reviewed: December 17, 2018
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.