Volume 25, Number 5—May 2019
Severe Myasthenic Manifestation of Leptospirosis Associated with New Sequence Type of Leptospira interrogans
- Levett PN. Leptospirosis. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2001;14:296–326.
- Bharucha NE. Infections of the nervous system. In: Bradley’s neurology in clinical practice. Bradley DR, Fenichel GM, editors. Butterworth Heinemann: Boston; 1991. p. 1074–5.
- Panicker JN, Mammachan R, Jayakumar RV. Primary neuroleptospirosis. Postgrad Med J. 2001;77:589–90.
- Boonsilp S, Thaipadungpanit J, Amornchai P, Wuthiekanun V, Bailey MS, Holden MT, et al. A single multilocus sequence typing (MLST) scheme for seven pathogenic Leptospira species. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e1954.
- Kumar S, Stecher G, Tamura K. MEGA7: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis version 7.0 for bigger datasets. Mol Biol Evol. 2016;33:1870–4.
- AAEM Quality Assurance Committee. American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine. Literature review of the usefulness of repetitive nerve stimulation and single fiber EMG in the electrodiagnostic evaluation of patients with suspected myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome. Muscle Nerve. 2001;24:1239–47.
- Vincent A, Huda S, Cao M, Cetin H, Koneczny I, Rodriguez-Cruz P, et al. Serological and experimental studies in different forms of myasthenia gravis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2018;1413:143–53.
- Yan M, Xing GL, Xiong WC, Mei L. Agrin and LRP4 antibodies as new biomarkers of myasthenia gravis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2018;1413:126–35.
- Zisimopoulou P, Evangelakou P, Tzartos J, Lazaridis K, Zouvelou V, Mantegazza R, et al. A comprehensive analysis of the epidemiology and clinical characteristics of anti-LRP4 in myasthenia gravis. J Autoimmun. 2014;52:139–45.
- Rodríguez Cruz PM, Al-Hajjar M, Huda S, Jacobson L, Woodhall M, Jayawant S, et al. Clinical features and diagnostic usefulness of antibodies to clustered acetylcholine receptors in the diagnosis of seronegative myasthenia gravis. JAMA Neurol. 2015;72:642–9.
- Leis AA, Szatmary G, Ross MA, Stokic DS. West nile virus infection and myasthenia gravis. Muscle Nerve. 2014;49:26–9.
- Molko N, Simon O, Guyon D, Biron A, Dupont-Rouzeyrol M, Gourinat AC. Zika virus infection and myasthenia gravis: report of 2 cases. Neurology. 2017;88:1097–8.
- Ramos-Fransi A, Rojas-García R, Segovia S, Márquez-Infante C, Pardo J, Coll-Cantí J, et al.; Myasthenia NMD-ES Study Group. Myasthenia gravis: descriptive analysis of life-threatening events in a recent nationwide registry. Eur J Neurol. 2015;22:1056–61.
- Pradhan S, Tandon R, Kishore J. Combined involvement of muscle, nerve, and myoneural junction following leptospira infection. Neurol India. 2012;60:514–6.
- Makhija P, Gopinath S, Kannoth S, Radhakrishnan K. A case of post-leptospirosis autoimmune epilepsy presenting with sleep-related hypermotor seizures. Epileptic Disord. 2017;19:456–60.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: April 18, 2019
Page updated: April 18, 2019
Page reviewed: April 18, 2019
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.