Volume 26, Number 11—November 2020
Large Outbreak of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, Peru, 2019
- Sejvar JJ, Baughman AL, Wise M, Morgan OW. Population incidence of Guillain-Barré syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Neuroepidemiology. 2011;36:123–33.
- Ansar V, Valadi N. Guillain-Barré syndrome. Prim Care. 2015;42:189–93.
- Govoni V, Granieri E. Epidemiology of the Guillain-Barré syndrome. Curr Opin Neurol. 2001;14:605–13.
- Nachamkin I, Arzarte Barbosa P, Ung H, Lobato C, Gonzalez Rivera A, Rodriguez P, et al. Patterns of Guillain-Barre syndrome in children: results from a Mexican population. Neurology. 2007;69:1665–71.
- Sejvar JJ, Kohl KS, Gidudu J, Amato A, Bakshi N, Baxter R, et al.; Brighton Collaboration GBS Working Group. Guillain-Barré syndrome and Fisher syndrome: case definitions and guidelines for collection, analysis, and presentation of immunization safety data. Vaccine. 2011;29:599–612.
- Lior H. New, extended biotyping scheme for Campylobacter jejuni, Campylobacter coli, and “Campylobacter laridis”. J Clin Microbiol. 1984;20:636–40.
- Hughes RA, Cornblath DR. Guillain-Barré syndrome. Lancet. 2005;366:1653–66.
- Hughes RA, Rees JH. Clinical and epidemiologic features of Guillain-Barré syndrome. J Infect Dis. 1997;176(Suppl 2):S92–8.
- Zhang M, He L, Li Q, Sun H, Gu Y, You Y, et al. Genomic characterization of the Guillain-Barre syndrome-associated Campylobacter jejuni ICDCCJ07001 Isolate. PLoS One. 2010;5:
- Zhang M, Li Q, He L, Meng F, Gu Y, Zheng M, et al. Association study between an outbreak of Guillain-Barre syndrome in Jilin, China, and preceding Campylobacter jejuni infection. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2010;7:913–9.
Page created: August 25, 2020
Page updated: October 19, 2020
Page reviewed: October 19, 2020
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.