Volume 26, Number 9—September 2020
Clusters of Coronavirus Disease in Communities, Japan, January–April 2020
- Zhu N, Zhang D, Wang W, Li X, Yang B, Song J, et al.; China Novel Coronavirus Investigating and Research Team. A novel coronavirus from patients with pneumonia in China, 2019. N Engl J Med. 2020;382:727–33.
- Huang C, Wang Y, Li X, Ren L, Zhao J, Hu Y, et al. Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China. Lancet. 2020;395:497–506.
- World Health Organization. WHO Director-General’s opening remarks at the mission briefing on COVID-19—11 March 2020 [cited 2020 Jun 6]. https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---11-march-2020
- World Health Organization. WHO Director-General’s opening remarks at the mission briefing on COVID-19—26 February 2020 [cited 2020 May 3]. https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-mission-briefing-on-covid-19---26-february-2020
- Pung R, Chiew CJ, Young BE, Chin S, Chen MI, Clapham HE, et al.; Singapore 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak Research Team. Investigation of three clusters of COVID-19 in Singapore: implications for surveillance and response measures. Lancet. 2020;395:1039–46.
- Shim E, Tariq A, Choi W, Lee Y, Chowell G. Transmission potential and severity of COVID-19 in South Korea. Int J Infect Dis. 2020;93:339–44.
- Ministry of Health. Labour and Welfare. About coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) press conference June 2, 2020 [cited 2020 Jun 6]. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/newpage_00032.html
- Furuse Y, K Ko Y, Saito M, Shobugawa Y, Jindai K, Saito T, et al.; National Task Force for COVID-19 Outbreak in Japan. Epidemiology of COVID-19 outbreak in Japan, January–March 2020. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2020; Epub ahead of print.
- Jang S, Han SH, Rhee J-Y. Coronavirus disease cluster associated with fitness dance classes, South Korea. Emerg Infect Dis. 2020 May 15 [Epub ahead of print].
- Hamner L, Dubbel P, Capron I, Ross A, Jordan A, Lee J, et al. High SARS-CoV-2 attack rate following exposure at a choir practice—Skagit County, Washington, March 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020;69:606–10.
- Prime Minister’s Office of Japan; Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Avoid the “three Cs”! [cited 2020 May 27]. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/10900000/000615287.pdf
- Frieden TR, Lee CT. Identifying and interrupting superspreading events—implications for control of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. Emerg Infect Dis. 2020;26:1059–66.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: May 29, 2020
Page updated: August 19, 2020
Page reviewed: August 19, 2020
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.