Volume 27, Number 11—November 2021
Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis Caused by Bordetella hinzii
- Register KB, Kunkle RA. Strain-specific virulence of Bordetella hinzii in poultry. Avian Dis. 2009;53:50–4.
- Jiyipong T, Morand S, Jittapalapong S, Raoult D, Rolain JM. Bordetella hinzii in rodents, Southeast Asia. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013;19:502–3.
- Cookson BT, Vandamme P, Carlson LC, Larson AM, Sheffield JV, Kersters K, et al. Bacteremia caused by a novel Bordetella species, “B. hinzii”. J Clin Microbiol. 1994;32:2569–71.
- Arvand M, Feldhues R, Mieth M, Kraus T, Vandamme P. Chronic cholangitis caused by Bordetella hinzii in a liver transplant recipient. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:2335–7.
- Weigand MR, Changayil S, Kulasekarapandian Y, Tondella ML. Complete genome sequences of two Bordetella hinzii strains isolated from humans. Genome Announc. 2015;3:1–2.
- Richter M, Rosselló-Móra R. Shifting the genomic gold standard for the prokaryotic species definition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19126–31.
- Kim M, Oh HS, Park SC, Chun J. Towards a taxonomic coherence between average nucleotide identity and 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity for species demarcation of prokaryotes. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2014;64:346–51.
1These first authors contributed equally to this article.
2Current affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
3These authors contributed equally to this article as co–principal investigators.