Volume 27, Number 12—December 2021
Detection of SARS-CoV-2 in Wastewater at Residential College, Maine, USA, August–November 2020
- Ahmed W, Angel N, Edson J, Bibby K, Bivins A, O’Brien JW, et al. First confirmed detection of SARS-CoV-2 in untreated wastewater in Australia: A proof of concept for the wastewater surveillance of COVID-19 in the community. Sci Total Environ. 2020;728:
- Weidhaas J, Aanderud ZT, Roper DK, VanDerslice J, Gaddis EB, Ostermiller J, et al. Correlation of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in wastewater with COVID-19 disease burden in sewersheds. Sci Total Environ. 2021;775:
- Gibas C, Lambirth K, Mittal N, Juel MAI, Barua VB, Roppolo Brazell L, et al. Implementing building-level SARS-CoV-2 wastewater surveillance on a university campus. Sci Total Environ. 2021;782:
- Scott LC, Aubee A, Babahaji L, Vigil K, Tims S, Aw TG. Targeted wastewater surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 on a university campus for COVID-19 outbreak detection and mitigation. Environ Res. 2021;200:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Wastewater surveillance data reporting and analytics. 2021 [cited 2020 Sep 5]. https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/surveillance/wastewater-surveillance/data-reporting-analytics.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ending home isolation for persons with COVID-19 not in healthcare settings. 2021 [cited 2020 Sep 20]. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/disposition-in-home-patients.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you are sick or caring for someone. 2020 [cited 2020 Sep 20]. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/index.html
- Wölfel R, Corman VM, Guggemos W, Seilmaier M, Zange S, Müller MA, et al. Virological assessment of hospitalized patients with COVID-2019. Nature. 2020;581:465–9.
- Wang X, Zheng J, Guo L, Yao H, Wang L, Xia X, et al. Fecal viral shedding in COVID-19 patients: Clinical significance, viral load dynamics and survival analysis. Virus Res. 2020;289:
- Betancourt WQ, Schmitz BW, Innes GK, Prasek SM, Pogreba Brown KM, Stark ER, et al. COVID-19 containment on a college campus via wastewater-based epidemiology, targeted clinical testing and an intervention. Sci Total Environ. 2021;779:
1Current affiliation: St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA.
Page created: August 30, 2021
Page updated: November 19, 2021
Page reviewed: November 19, 2021
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.