Volume 27, Number 2—February 2021
Azithromycin-Resistant Salmonella enterica Serovar Typhi AcrB-R717Q/L, Singapore
- Yew FS, Goh KT, Lim YS. Epidemiology of typhoid fever in Singapore. Epidemiol Infect. 1993;110:63–70.
- Hooda Y, Sajib MSI, Rahman H, Luby SP, Bondy-Denomy J, Santosham M, et al. Molecular mechanism of azithromycin resistance among typhoidal Salmonella strains in Bangladesh identified through passive pediatric surveillance. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2019;13:e0007868–0007868.
- Wong VK, Baker S, Pickard DJ, Parkhill J, Page AJ, Feasey NA, et al. Phylogeographical analysis of the dominant multidrug-resistant H58 clade of Salmonella Typhi identifies inter- and intracontinental transmission events. Nat Genet. 2015;47:632–9.
- Wong VK, Baker S, Connor TR, Pickard D, Page AJ, Dave J, et al.; International Typhoid Consortium. An extended genotyping framework for Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi, the cause of human typhoid. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12827.
- Inouye M, Dashnow H, Raven L-A, Schultz MB, Pope BJ, Tomita T, et al. SRST2: Rapid genomic surveillance for public health and hospital microbiology labs. Genome Med. 2014;6:90.
- Bortolaia V, Kaas RS, Ruppe E, Roberts MC, Schwarz S, Cattoir V, et al. ResFinder 4.0 for predictions of phenotypes from genotypes. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2020;dkaa345.
- Price MN, Dehal PS, Arkin AP. FastTree: computing large minimum evolution trees with profiles instead of a distance matrix. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:1641–50.
- Letunic I, Bork P. Interactive Tree Of Life (iTOL) v4: recent updates and new developments. Nucleic Acids Res. 2019;47(W1):W256–9.
- Gomes C, Martínez-Puchol S, Palma N, Horna G, Ruiz-Roldán L, Pons MJ, et al. Macrolide resistance mechanisms in Enterobacteriaceae: Focus on azithromycin. Crit Rev Microbiol. 2017;43:1–30.
- Iqbal J, Dehraj IF, Carey ME, Dyson ZA, Garrett D, Seidman JC, et al. A race against time: reduced azithromycin susceptibility in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi in Pakistan. MSphere. 2020;5:e00215–20.
- Katiyar A, Sharma P, Dahiya S, Singh H, Kapil A, Kaur P. Genomic profiling of antimicrobial resistance genes in clinical isolates of Salmonella Typhi from patients infected with Typhoid fever in India. Sci Rep. 2020;10:8299.
- Hooda Y, Tanmoy AM, Sajib MSI, Saha S. Mass azithromycin administration: considerations in an increasingly resistant world. BMJ Glob Health. 2020;5:
Page created: October 21, 2020
Page updated: January 24, 2021
Page reviewed: January 24, 2021
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.