Volume 27, Number 5—May 2021
Risk for International Importations of Variant SARS-CoV-2 Originating in the United Kingdom
- Kupferschmidt K. Mutant coronavirus in the United Kingdom sets off alarms, but its importance remains unclear. 2020 Dec 20 [cited 2021 Jan 2]. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/mutant-coronavirus-united-kingdom-sets-alarms-its-importance-remains-unclear
- Leung K, Shum MHH, Leung GM, Lam TTY, Wu JT. Early transmissibility assessment of the N501Y mutant strains of SARS-CoV-2 in the United Kingdom, October to November 2020. Euro Surveill. 2021;26:
- Kupferschmidt K. Fast-spreading U.K. virus variant raises alarms. Science. 2021;371:9–10.
- Clark N, Dathan M. National lockdown – Boris Johnson orders nation to stay at home until middle of February as 13.5m Brits get Covid jab. 2021 Jan 5 [cited 2021 Jan 7]. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/13648237/national-lockdown-stay-home-boris-johnson-announcement
- BBC News. Coronavirus: Cases of new variant appear worldwide. 2020 Dec 26 [cited 2021 Jan 2]. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55452262
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants. 2020 Dec 29 [cited 2021 Jan 2]. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/scientific-brief-emerging-variants.html
- Statista. Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 4th quarter 2020 [cited 2021 Mar 20]. https://www.statista.com/statistics/264810/number-of-monthly-active-facebook-users- worldwide
- Aleta A, Martín-Corral D, Pastore Y Piontti A, Ajelli M, Litvinova M, Chinazzi M, et al. Modelling the impact of testing, contact tracing and household quarantine on second waves of COVID-19. Nat Hum Behav. 2020;4:964–71.
- International Severe Acute Respiratory and Emerging Infections Consortium (ISARIC). COVID-19 report: 19 [cited 2021 Feb 1]. https://media.tghn.org/medialibrary/2020/05/ISARIC_Data_Platform_COVID-19_Report_19MAY20.pdf
- King’s College London. No evidence of change in symptoms from new coronavirus variant. King’s College London. 2021 Feb 1 [cited 2021 Mar 3]. https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/no-evidence-change-symptoms-new-coronavirus-variant
- Davies NG, Abbott S, Barnard RC, Jarvis CI, Kucharski AJ, Munday JD, et al.; CMMID COVID-19 Working Group. COVID-19 Genomics UK (COG-UK) Consortium. Estimated transmissibility and impact of SARS-CoV-2 lineage B.1.1.7 in England. Science. 2021;
eabg3055; [Epub ahead of print].
1These first authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: March 24, 2021
Page updated: April 22, 2021
Page reviewed: April 22, 2021
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.