Volume 5, Number 1—February 1999
Mycoplasma penetrans Bacteremia and Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome1
- Hughes GRV. The antiphospholipid syndrome: ten years on. Lancet. 1993;342:341–4.
- Asherson RA, Cervera R. "Primary," "secondary," and other variants of the antiphospholipid syndrome. Lupus. 1994;3:293–8.
- Snowden N, Wilson PB, Longson M, Pumphrey RSH. Antiphospholipid antibodies and Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection. Postgrad Med J. 1990;66:356–62.
- Cassell GH, Gray G, Waites KB. Chapter 180: mycoplasmal infections. In: Harrison's principles of internal medicine. Isselbacher KJ, Braunwald E, Wilson JD, Martin JB, Fauci AS, Kasper DL, editors. Vol. 1, McGraw-Hill Inc, 1997:1052-55.
- Lo S-C, Hayes MM, Tully JG, Wang RY-H, Kotani H, Pierce PF, Mycoplasma penetrans sp. nov., from the urogenital tract of patients with AIDS. Int J Syst Bacteriol. 1992;42:357–64.
- Waites KB, Cassell GH, Cannupp KC, Fernandes PB. In vitro susceptibilities of mycoplasmas and ureaplasmas to new macrolides and aryl-fluoroquinolones. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1988;32:1500–2.
- Grau O, Kovacic R, Griffais R, Launay V, Montagnier L. Development of a PCR-based assays for the detection of two human mollicute species, Mycoplasma penetrans and M. hominis. Mol Cell Probes. 1994;8:139–48.
- Blanchard A, Gautier M, Mayau V. Detection and identification of mycoplasmas by amplification of rDNA. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1991;81:37–42.
- Blanchard A, Yáñez A, Watson H, Griffiths G, Cassell GH. Evaluation of intraspecies genetic variation within the 16S rRNA gene of Mycoplasma hominis and detection by polymerase chain reaction. J Clin Microbiol. 1993;31:1358–61.
- Grau O, Slizewicz B, Tuppin P, Launay V, Bourgeois E, Sagot N, Association of Mycoplasma penetrans with immunodeficiency virus infection. J Infect Dis. 1995;172:672–81.
- Cassell GH, Gambil G, Duffy LB. ELISA in respiratory infections of humans. In: Molecular and diagnostic procedures in mycoplasmology. Vol II. Tully JG, Razin S, editors. Academic Press 1996:123-36.
- Catteau B, Delaporte E, Hachulla E, Piette F, Bergoend H. Infection à mycoplasme avec syndrome de Stevens-Johnson et anticorps antiphospholipides: à propos de deux cas. Rev Med Interne. 1995;16:10–4.
1Presented in part at the 11th International Congress of the International Organization for Mycoplasmology. July 14–19, 1996. Orlando, FL, USA.
Page created: December 10, 2010
Page updated: December 10, 2010
Page reviewed: December 10, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.