Volume 6, Number 1—February 2000
Japanese Encephalitis Immunization in South Korea: Past, Present, and Future
- Hullinghorst RL, Burns KF, Choi YT, Whatley LR. Japanese B encephalitis in Korea. The epidemic of 1949. JAMA. 1951;145:460–6.
- Shiba Y, Chun CH. On epidemic encephalitis or so-called summer encephalitis occurring in Seoul last summer. Journal of Mansen No Ikai. 1935;180:1.
- Sabin AB, Schlesinger RW, Ginder WR, Matsumoto M. Japanese B encephalitis in an American soldier in Korea. Am J Hyg. 1947;46:356–75.
- Deuel RE, Bawell MB, Matumoto M, Sabin AB. Status and significance of inapparent infection with virus of Japanese B encephalitis in Korea and Okinawa in 1946. Am J Hyg. 1950;51:13–20.
- Lee SY, Kim UY. Studies on the epidemic of Japanese B encephalitis in Korea 1949. Part 1: Studies on the virus isolation. Bulletin of National Institute for Prevention of Infectious Disease. 1950;2:54–69.
- Chang KS, Han JS, Lee BH. Epidemiological observation of Japanese B encephalitis in Korea, 1958. The New Medical Journal. 1959;2:75–82.
- Chang IJ. Epidemiology of Japanese encephalitis in Korea. Korean Medical Journal. 1959;4:35–50.
- Kim KH, Paik SB, Whang CH, Kim HD. Seroepidemiology of Japanese encephalitis in Korea, 1964. Report of National Institute of Health, Korea 1965;2:63-9.
- Chang IC, Hong KW, Whang KS. Japanese encephalitis in Korea, 1963. Human serology. Korean Medical Journal. 1965;10:77–92.
- Kim KH. Epidemiological features of Japanese encephalitis in the Republic of Korea. Korean Journal of Virology. 1979;9:43–55.
- Lee CW, Oh DK. Epidemiological trend of Japanese encephalitis in Korea. Korean Journal of Preventive Medicine. 1987;20:137–46.
- Lee YT, Youm BJ. A hemagglutination inhibition antibody test for Japanese encephalitis virus among the Koreans, 1984-1985. Journal of Korean Society of Virology. 1986;15:1–9.
- Lee YT, Cho KB, Kang PW, Hong SH, Park CH, Youm BJ. Distribution of hemagglutination inhibition antibody to Japanese encephalitis virus in Koreans 1987. Journal of Korean Society of Virology. 1989;19:41–7.
- Lee CH, Lee YT, Ko KK, Moon KS, Kim OJ. The distribution of hemagglutination inhibition antibody for Japanese encephalitis virus in Koreans, 1979. Korean Journal of Virology. 1980;10:65–9.
- Lee YT, Lee CH. The distribution of hemagglutination inhibition antibody for Japanese encephalitis virus in Koreans, 1976. Journal of Korean Society of Microbiology. 1977;10:65–9.
- Kim KH, Shin HK, Ree HI. Survey for the prediction of the occurrence of Japanese encephalitis epidemic in Korea, 1978. Journal of the Korean Society of Virology. 1978;8:37–43.
- Kim KH, Paik SB, Chang KS. Epidemiology of Japanese encephalitis in the Republic of Korea, 1967. Annual Report of National Institute of Health, Korea 1967;1:55-72.
- Kim KH, Paik SB. Studies on the preparation of JE vaccine with mouse brain. Annual Report of National Institute of Health, Korea 1968;1:31-6.
- Kim KH. Japanese encephalitis vaccination. Journal of Korean Medical Association. 1982;25:812–7.
- Kim KH. Japanese encephalitis vaccine and its efficacy. Postgraduate Medical Digest. 1979;7:148–55.
- Sohn YM, Lee DH, Choi KW, Sohn KC, Lee JB, Sshin HK, Cluster of adverse events after Japanese encephalitis vaccination in Korea. In: Program and Abstract of the 1994 Annual Meeting of Korean Society of Infectious Disease; Seoul, Korea; 1994 Nov 25 [abstract 14]. Korean Journal of Infectious Disease. 1994;26:449.
- Sohn YM, Pyen BY, Hong YJ, Kang JW, Lee WJ, Oh SH, Antibody response to Japanese encephalitis virus after immunization. Journal of Korean Pediatrics. 1995;38:730–1.
- Sohn YM. Standards for immunization practices and vaccine injury compensation. Korean Journal of Infectious Disease. 1995;27:247–53.
- Sohn YM, Choi BY, Kim CW, Kang JH, Kim JA, Evaluation for the improvement of efficiency of immunization program in Korea; Japanese encephalitis. Report of Evaluation of National Vaccination Program. Washigton: National Institute of Health; 1999, p. 205-6.
- Tsai TF, Chan GJ, Yu YX. Japanese encephalitis vaccines. In: Plotkin SE, Orenstein E, editors. Vaccines. 3rd ed. Philadeplhia: W.B. Saunders Company; 1999. p. 672-710.
- Sohn YM, Park MS, Rho HO, Chandler LJ, Shope RE, Primary and booster immune response to SA14-14-2 Japanese encephalitis vaccine in Korean infants. Vaccine. 1999;17:2259–64.
Page created: December 13, 2010
Page updated: December 13, 2010
Page reviewed: December 13, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.