Volume 7, Number 2—April 2001
4th Decennial International Conference on Nosocomial and Healthcare-Associated Infections
State of the Art
Can Managed Health Care Help Manage Health-Care-Associated Infections?
- American Association of Health Plans. Enrollment, growth, accreditation. October 1999 http://www.aahp.org
- Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine. In: Kohn LT, Corrigan JM, Donaldson MS, editors. To err is human: building a safer health system. Washington: National Academy Press; 2000.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease: a public health perspective. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1996;45(No. RR-7).
- Davis RL, Hasselquist MB, Cardenas V, Zerr DM, Kramer J, Zavitkovsky A, Introduction of the new Centers for Disease Control Group B Streptococcal Prevention Guideline at a large west coast health maintenance organization. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001. In press.
- Yokoe DS, Subramanyan GS, Nardell E, Sharnprapai S, McCray E, Platt R. Tuberculosis surveillance in a health maintenance organization using automated data. Emerg Infect Dis. 1999;5:779–87.
- Subramanyan GS, Yokoe DS, Sharnprapai S, Nardell E, McCray E, Platt R. Assessing the management of tuberculosis using automated pharmacy records. Emerg Infect Dis. 1999;5:788–91.
- Sands K, Vineyard G, Platt R. Surgical site infections occurring after hospital discharge: epidemiology and methods for detection. J Infect Dis. 1996;173:963–70.
- Platt R, Yokoe DS, Sands K. Automated methods for surveillance of surgical site infection. Emerg Infect Dis. 2001;7. In press.
- Sands K, Yokoe D, Hooper D, Tully J, Platt R. Multi-institutional comparison of surgical site infection surveillance by screening of administrative and pharmacy data. [Abstract #M35]. Society of Healthcare Epidemiologists, 1999 Annual meeting.
- Ray GT, Collin F, Lieu T, Fireman B, Colby CJ, Quesenberry CP, The cost of health conditions in a health maintenance organization. Med Care Res Rev. 2000;57:92–109.
- National Committee for Quality Assurance. HEDIS 2000 List of Measures. Available at: URL: http://www.ncqa.org/pages/policy/hedis/h00meas.htm.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Monitoring hospital-acquired infections to promote patient safety--United States, 1990-1999. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2000;49:149–53.
Page created: April 17, 2012
Page updated: April 17, 2012
Page reviewed: April 17, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.