Volume 11, Number 1—January 2005
A Novel Paramyxovirus?
- Gallo RC, Montagnier L. The discovery of HIV as the cause of AIDS. N Engl J Med. 2003;349:2283–5.
- Choo QL, Kuo G, Weiner AJ, Overby LR, Bradley DW, Houghton M. Isolation of a cDNA clone derived from a blood-borne non-A, non-B viral hepatitis genome. Science. 1989;244:359–62.
- Jia XY, Briese T, Jordan I, Rambaut A, Chi HC, Mackenzie JS, Genetic analysis of West Nile New York 1999 encephalitis virus. Lancet. 1999;354:1971–2.
- Peiris JS, Yuen KY, Osterhaus AD, Stohr K. The severe acute respiratory syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2003;349:2431–41.
- Fouchier RA, Hartwig NG, Bestebroer TM, Niemeyer B, de Jong JC, Simon JH, A previously undescribed coronavirus associated with respiratory disease in humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:6212–6.
- Klenk H-D, Slenczka W, Feldmann H. Marburg and Ebola viruses. In: Webster RG, Granoff A, editors. Encyclopedia of virology. Vol. 2. New York: Academic Press; 1994. p. 827–31.
- Field H, Young P, Yob JM, Mills J, Hall L, Mackenzie J. The natural history of Hendra and Nipah viruses. Microbes Infect. 2001;3:307–14.
- Chua KB, Bellini WJ, Rota PA, Harcourt BH, Tamin A, Lam SK, Nipah virus: a recently emergent deadly paramyxovirus. Science. 2000;288:1432–5.
- van den Hoogen BG, de Jong JC, Groen J, Kuiken T, de Groot R, Fouchier RA, A newly discovered human pneumovirus isolated from young children with respiratory tract disease. Nat Med. 2001;7:719–24.
- Liang X, Zhang H, Zhou A, Hou P, Wang H. Screening and identification of the up-regulated genes in human mesangial cells exposed to angiotensin II. Hypertens Res. 2003;26:225–35.
- Liang X, Zhang H, Zhou A, Wang H. AngRem104, an angiotensin II-induced novel upregulated gene in human mesangial cells, is potentially involved in the regulation of fibronectin expression. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:1443–51.
- Harcourt BH, Tamin A, Ksiazek TG, Rollin PE, Anderson LJ, Bellini WJ, Molecular characterization of Nipah virus, a newly emergent paramyxovirus. Virology. 2000;271:334–49.
- Lamb RA, Kolakofsky D. Paramyxoviridae: the viruses and their replication. In: Knipe DM, Howley PM, editors. Field’s virology. Vol. 1, 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2001. p. 1305–40.
- Randall RE, Russell WC. Paramyxovirus persistence: consequences for host and virus. In: Kingsbury DW, editor. The paramyxoviruses. New York: Plenum Press; 1991.
- Klenerman P, Hengartner H, Zinkernagel RM. A non-retroviral RNA virus persists in DNA form. Nature. 1997;390:298–301.
- Zhdanov VM. Integration of viral genomes. Nature. 1975;256:471–3.
Page created: April 15, 2011
Page updated: April 15, 2011
Page reviewed: April 15, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.