Volume 12, Number 3—March 2006
"Mycobacterium tilburgii" Infections
- Brown-Elliott BA, Griffith DE, Wallace RJ Jr. Newly described or emerging human species of nontuberculous mycobacteria. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2002;16:187–220.
- Wagner D, Young LS. Nontuberculous mycobacterial infections. Infection. 2004;32:257–70.
- Kirschner P, Springer B, Vogel U, Meier A, Wrede A, Kiekenbeck M, Genotypic identification of mycobacteria by nucleic acid sequence determination: report of a 2-year experience in a clinical laboratory. J Clin Microbiol. 1993;31:2882–9.
- Buiting A, Vos M, Bergmans A, Schouls L. A new mycobacterial species causing disseminated infection. 35th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. San Francisco 1995; Abstract K45. Washington: American Society for Microbiology; 1995.
- Realini L, De RK, Hirschel B, Portaels F. Blood and charcoal added to acidified agar media promote the growth of Mycobacterium genavense. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 1999;34:45–50.
- Selvarangan R, Wu WK, Nguyen TT, Carlson LD, Wallis CK, Stiglich SK, Characterization of a novel group of mycobacteria and proposal of Mycobacterium sherrisii sp. nov. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:52–9.
- Wayne LG, Good RC, Bottger EC, Butler R, Dorsch M, Ezaki T, Semantide- and chemotaxonomy-based analyses of some problematic phenotypic clusters of slowly growing mycobacteria, a cooperative study of the International Working Group on Mycobacterial Taxonomy. Int J Syst Bacteriol. 1996;46:280–97.
- Hughes MS, James G, Ball N, Scally M, Malik R, Wigney DI, Identification by 16S rRNA gene analyses of a potential novel mycobacterial species as an etiological agent of canine leproid granuloma syndrome. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:953–9.
- Richter E, Rusch-Gerdes S, Niemann S, Stoehr A, Plettenberg A. Detection, identification, and treatment of a novel, non-cultivable Mycobacterium species in an HIV patient. AIDS. 2000;14:1667–8.
- Kolditz M, Halank M, Spornraft-Ragaller P, Schmidt H, Höffken G. Localized pulmonary infection associated with Mycobacterium tilburgii in an HIV-infected patient. Infection. 2005;33:278–81.
Page created: January 27, 2012
Page updated: January 27, 2012
Page reviewed: January 27, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.