Volume 14, Number 6—June 2008
In Memoriam: Joshua Lederberg (1925–2008)1
- Lederberg J. Infectious disease as an evolutionary paradigm. Emerg Infect Dis. 1997;3:417–23.
- Lederberg J. Emerging infections: an evolutionary perspective. Emerg Infect Dis. 1998;4:366–71.
- Murphy FA, Calisher CH, Tesh RB, Walker DH. In memoriam: Robert Ellis Shope, 1929–2004. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:762–5.
- Committee on Emerging Microbial Threats to Health, Division of Health Sciences Policy, Division of International Health, Institute of Medicine. Emerging infections: microbial threats to health in the United States. Lederberg J, Shope RE, Oaks SC Jr, editors. Washington: National Academies Press; 1992.
- Engineering and Technology (CISET) Working Group on Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases. Report of the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) Committee on International Science. Washington: Executive Office of the President of the United States, 1995.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Addressing emerging infectious disease threats: a prevention strategy for the United States. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services; 1994.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Preventing emerging infectious diseases: a strategy for the 21st century. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services; 1998.
- Committee on Emerging Microbial Threats to Health in the 21st Century, Board on Global Health, Institute of Medicine. Microbial threats to health: emergence, detection, and response. Smolinski MS, Hamburg MA, Lederberg J, editors. Washington: National Academies Press; 2003.
- Kahn LH, Kaplan B, Monath TP, Steele JH. Teaching “one medicine, one health.”. Am J Med. 2008;121:169–70.
- Drotman DP. Emerging infectious diseases: a brief biographical heritage. Emerg Infect Dis. 1998;4:372–3.