Volume 17, Number 1—January 2011
Tick-borne Encephalitis Virus in Wild Rodents in Winter, Finland, 2008–2009
- Lindquist L, Vapalahti O. Tick-borne encephalitis. Lancet. 2008;31:1861–71.
- Labuda M, Kozuch O, Zuffová E, Elecková E, Hails RS, Nuttall PA. Tick-borne encephalitis virus transmission between ticks cofeeding on specific immune natural rodent hosts. Virology. 1997;235:138–43.
- Mansfield KL, Johnson N, Phipps LP, Stephenson JR, Fooks AR, Solomon T. Tick-borne encephalitis virus—a review of an emerging zoonosis. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:1781–94.
- Moshkin MP, Novikov EA, Tkachev SE, Vlasov VV. Epidemiology of a tick-borne viral infection: theoretical insights and practical implications for public health. Bioessays. 2009;31:620–8.
- Ecker M, Allison SL, Meixner T, Heinz FX. Sequence analysis and genetic classification of tick-borne encephalitis viruses from Europe and Asia. J Gen Virol. 1999;80:179–85.
- Grard G, Moureau G, Charrel RN, Lemasson J-J, Gonzalez J-P, Gallian P, Genetic characterization of tick-borne flaviviruses: New insights into evolution, pathogenic determinants and taxonomy. Virology. 2007;361:80–92.
- Randolph SE, Rogers DJ. Fragile trans mission cycles of tick-borne encephalitis may be disrupted by predicted climate change. Proc Biol Sci. 2000;267:1741–4.
- Han X, Aho M, Vene S, Peltomaa M, Vaheri A, Vapalahti O. Prevalence of tick-borne encephalitis virus in Ixodes ricinus ticks in Finland. J Med Virol. 2001;64:21–8.
- Jääskeläinen AE, Tikkakoski T, Uzcátegui NY, Alekseev AN, Vaheri A, Vapalahti O. Siberian subtype tickborne encephalitis virus, Finland. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:1568–71.
- Schwaiger M, Cassinotti P. Development of a quantitative real-time RT-PCR assay with internal control for the laboratory detection of tick borne encephalitis virus (TBEV) RNA. J Clin Virol. 2003;27:136–45.
- Puchhammer-Stöckl E, Kunz C, Mandl CW, Heinz FX. Identification of tick-borne encephalitis virus ribonucleic acid in tick suspensions and in clinical specimens by a reverse transcription–nested polymerase chain reaction assay. Clin Diagn Virol. 1995;4:321–6.
- Randolph SE. The shifting landscape of tick-borne zoonoses: tick-borne encephalitis and Lyme borreliosis in Europe. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2001;356:1045–56.
- Bakhvalova VN, Potapova OF, Panov VV, Morozova OV. Vertical transmission of tick-borne encephalitis virus between generations of adapted reservoir small rodents. Virus Res. 2009;140:172–8.
- Bakhvalova VN, Dobrotvorsky AK, Panov VV, Matveeva VA, Tkachev SE, Morozova OV. Natural tick-borne encephalitis virus infection among wild small mammals in the southeastern part of western Siberia, Russia. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2006;6:32–41.
- Kozuch O, Labuda M, Lysý J, Weismann P, Krippel E. Longitudinal study of natural foci of central European encephalitis virus in west Slovakia. Acta Virol. 1990;34:537–44.
Page created: June 30, 2011
Page updated: June 30, 2011
Page reviewed: June 30, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.