Volume 18, Number 12—December 2012
Hepatitis E Virus Genotype 3 in Shellfish, United Kingdom
- Kamar N, Bendall R, Legrand-Abravanel F, Xia NS, Ijaz S, Izopet J, Hepatitis E. Lancet. 2012;379:2477–88.
- Said B, Ijaz S, Kafatos G, Booth L, Thomas HL, Walsh A, Hepatitis E outbreak on cruise ship. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:1738–44.
- McCreary C, Martelli F, Grierson S, Ostanello F, Nevel A, Banks M. Excretion of hepatitis E virus by pigs of different ages and its presence in slurry stores in the United Kingdom. Vet Rec. 2008;163:261–5.
- Emerson SU, Arankalle VA, Purcell RH. Thermal stability of hepatitis E virus. J Infect Dis. 2005;192:930–3.
- Lowther JA, Gustar NE, Powell AL, Hartnell RE, Lees DN. A two-year systematic study to assess norovirus contamination in oysters from commercial harvesting areas in the United Kingdom. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:5812–7.
- Baker K, Morris J, McCarthy N, Saldana L, Lowther J, Collinson A, An outbreak of norovirus infection linked to oyster consumption at a UK restaurant, February 2010. J Public Health (Oxf). 2011;33:205–11.
- McLeod C, Hay B, Grant C, Greening G, Day D. Inactivation and elimination of human enteric viruses by Pacific oysters. J Appl Microbiol. 2009;107:1809–18.
- Erker JC, Desai SM, Mushahwar IK. Rapid detection of hepatitis E virus RNA by reverse transcription–polymerase chain reaction using universal oligonucleotide primers. J Virol Methods. 1999;81:109–13.
- Li TC, Miyamura T, Takeda N. Detection of hepatitis E virus RNA from the bivalve Yamato-Shijimi (Corbicula japonica) in Japan. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2007;76:170–2 .
- Shuval H. Estimating the global burden of thalassogenic diseases: human infectious diseases caused by wastewater pollution of the marine environment. J Water Health. 2003;1:53–64 .
Page created: November 21, 2012
Page updated: November 21, 2012
Page reviewed: November 21, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.