Volume 20, Number 10—October 2014
Marburgvirus Resurgence in Kitaka Mine Bat Population after Extermination Attempts, Uganda
- Adjemian J, Farnon EC, Tschioko F, Wamala JF, Byaruhanga E, Bwire GS, Outbreak of Marburg hemorrhagic fever among miners in Kamwenge and Ibanda Districts, Uganda, 2007. J Infect Dis. 2011;204(Suppl 3):S796–9 .
- Timen A, Koopmans MP, Vossen AC, van Doornum GJ, Gunther S, van den Berkmortel F, Response to imported case of Marburg hemorrhagic fever, the Netherlands. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:1171–5 .
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Imported case of Marburg hemorrhagic fever–Colorado, 2008. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009;58:1377–81 .
- Amman BR, Carroll SA, Reed ZD, Sealy TK, Balinandi S, Swanepoel R, Seasonal pulses of Marburg virus circulation in juvenile Rousettus aegyptiacus bats coincide with periods of increased risk of human infection. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002877 .
- Towner JS, Amman BR, Sealy TK, Carroll SA, Comer JA, Kemp A, Isolation of genetically diverse Marburg viruses from Egyptian fruit bats. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000536 .
- Donnelly CA, Woodroffe R, Cox DR, Bourne J, Gettinby G, Le Fevre AM, Impact of localized badger culling on tuberculosis incidence in British cattle. Nature. 2003;426:834–7.
- Swanepoel R. Rabies. In: Coetzer JAW, Tustin RC, editors. Infectious diseases of livestock. 2nd ed. Cape Town (South Africa): Oxford University Press Southern Africa; 2014. p. 1123–82.
- Albariño CG, Shoemaker T, Khristova ML, Wamala JF, Muyembe JJ, Balinandi S, Genomic analysis of filoviruses associated with four viral hemorrhagic fever outbreaks in Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo in 2012. Virology. 2013;442:97–100.
- Maganga GD, Bourgarel M, Ella GE, Drexler JF, Gonzalez JP, Drosten C, Is Marburg virus enzootic in Gabon? J Infect Dis. 2011;204(Suppl 3):S800–3 .
- Gouy M, Guindon S, Gascuel O. SeaView version 4: a multiplatform graphical user interface for sequence alignment and phylogenetic tree building. Mol Biol Evol. 2010;27:221–4.
Page created: September 23, 2014
Page updated: September 23, 2014
Page reviewed: September 23, 2014
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.