Volume 21, Number 5—May 2015
Outbreak of Leishmania braziliensis Cutaneous Leishmaniasis, Saül, French Guiana
- Schwartz E, Hatz C, Blum J. New World cutaneous leishmaniasis in travellers. Lancet Infect Dis. 2006;6:342–9.
- Desjeux P, Dedet JP. Isoenzyme characterization of 112 Leishmania isolates from French Guiana. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1989;83:610–2.
- El Baidouri F, Diancourt L, Berry V, Chevenet F, Pratlong F, Marty P, Genetic structure and evolution of the Leishmania genus in Africa and Eurasia: what does MLSA tell us. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e2255.
- Huson DH, Bryant D. Application of phylogenetic networks in evolutionary studies. Mol Biol Evol. 2006;23:254–67.
- Krolewiecki AJ, Gil JF, Quipildor M, Cajal SP, Pravia C, Juarez M, Restricted outbreak of American tegumentary leishmaniasis with high microfocal transmission. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013;88:578–82.
- Andrade MS, Brito ME, Silva ST, Ishikawa E, Carvalho SM, Brandao-Filho SP. New outbreak of American tegumentary leishmaniasis in a military training center in the Zona da Mata region, in the north of the State of Pernambuco [in Portuguese]. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2009;42:594–6.
- Sanchez JL, Diniega BM, Small JW, Miller RN, Andujar JM, Weina PJ, Epidemiologic investigation of an outbreak of cutaneous leishmaniasis in a defined geographic focus of transmission. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1992;47:47–54 .
- Carme B, Simon S, Couppie P. Epidemiological survey of leishmaniasis in French Guiana. In: Proceedings of the 3rd French Indies and Guiana Interregional Meeting; 2012 Oct 26–27. Saint-Maurice (France): Institut National de Veille Sanitaire; 2012.
- Lavergne RA, Iriart X, Martin-Blondel G, Chauvin P, Menard S, Fillaux J, Contribution of molecular diagnosis to the management of cutaneous leishmaniasis in travellers. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014;20:O528–30 .
- Hodiamont CJ, Kager PA, Bart A, de Vries HJ, van Thiel PP, Leenstra T, Species-directed therapy for leishmaniasis in returning travellers: a comprehensive guide. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2014;8:e2832 .
Page created: April 17, 2015
Page updated: April 17, 2015
Page reviewed: April 17, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.