Volume 23, Number 11—November 2017
Lineage-Specific Real-Time RT-PCR for Yellow Fever Virus Outbreak Surveillance, Brazil
- Gardner CL, Ryman KD. Yellow fever: a reemerging threat. Clin Lab Med. 2010;30:237–60.
- Beasley DW, McAuley AJ, Bente DA. Yellow fever virus: genetic and phenotypic diversity and implications for detection, prevention and therapy. Antiviral Res. 2015;115:48–70.
- Bryant JE, Holmes EC, Barrett AD. Out of Africa: a molecular perspective on the introduction of yellow fever virus into the Americas. [<jrn>]. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e75.
- Ministério da Saúde Brazil. Informe especial febre amarela no Brasil Nº 01/2017: Ministério da Saúde 2017 [cited 2017 Sep 1]. http://portalarquivos.saude.gov.br/images/pdf/2017/marco/18/Informe-especial-COES-FA.pdf
- Bonaldo MC, Gómez MM, Dos Santos AA, Abreu FVS, Ferreira-de-Brito A, Miranda RM, et al. Genome analysis of yellow fever virus of the ongoing outbreak in Brazil reveals polymorphisms. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2017;112:447–51.
- World Health Organization. WHO dispatched 3.5 million doses of yellow fever vaccine for outbreak response in Brazil. 2017 30 March 2017 [cited 2017 Aug 30]. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/yellowfev/vaccination-in-Brazil/en/
- de Melo AB, da Silva MP, Magalhães MC, Gonzales Gil LH, Freese de Carvalho EM, Braga-Neto UM, et al. Description of a prospective 17DD yellow fever vaccine cohort in Recife, Brazil. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011;85:739–47.
- Thomas RE. Yellow fever vaccine-associated viscerotropic disease: current perspectives. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2016;10:3345–53.
- Monath TP, Vasconcelos PF. Yellow fever. J Clin Virol. 2015;64:160–73.
- Boyd AT, Dombaxe D, Moreira R, Oliveira MS, Manuel E, Colorado CN, et al. Notes from the field: investigation of patients testing positive for yellow fever viral RNA after vaccination during a mass yellow fever vaccination campaign—Angola, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017;66:282–3.
- Simmonds P. SSE: a nucleotide and amino acid sequence analysis platform. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:50–9.
- Corman VM, Rasche A, Baronti C, Aldabbagh S, Cadar D, Reusken CB, et al. Assay optimization for molecular detection of Zika virus. Bull World Health Organ. 2016;94:880–92.
- Domingo C, Patel P, Yillah J, Weidmann M, Méndez JA, Nakouné ER, et al. Advanced yellow fever virus genome detection in point-of-care facilities and reference laboratories. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:4054–60.
- World Health Organization. Dengue vaccine: WHO position paper – July 2016. Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2016;91:349–64.
- Hegde NR, Gore MM. Japanese encephalitis vaccines: Immunogenicity, protective efficacy, effectiveness, and impact on the burden of disease. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2017;13:1–18.
- Dayan GH, Bevilacqua J, Coleman D, Buldo A, Risi G. Phase II, dose ranging study of the safety and immunogenicity of single dose West Nile vaccine in healthy adults ≥ 50 years of age. Vaccine. 2012;30:6656–64.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: October 17, 2017
Page updated: October 17, 2017
Page reviewed: October 17, 2017
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.