Volume 26, Number 10—October 2020
Streptococcus equi Subspecies zooepidemicus and Sudden Deaths in Swine, Canada
- Pelkonen S, Lindahl SB, Suomala P, Karhukorpi J, Vuorinen S, Koivula I, et al. Transmission of Streptococcus equi subspecies zooepidemicus infection from horses to humans. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013;19:1041–8.
- FitzGerald W, Crowe B, Brennan P, Cassidy JP, Leahy M, McElroy MC, et al. Acute fatal haemorrhagic pneumonia caused by Streptococcus equi zooepidemicus in greyhounds in Ireland with subsequent typing of the isolates. Vet Rec. 2017;181:119.
- Kernaghan S, Bujold AR, MacInnes JI. The microbiome of the soft palate of swine. Anim Health Res Rev. 2012;13:110–20.
- Feng Z, Hu J. Outbreak of swine streptococcosis in Sichan province and identification of pathogen. Anim Husbandry Vet Med Lett. 1977;2:7–12.
- Wattam AR, Davis JJ, Assaf R, Boisvert S, Brettin T, Bun C, et al. Improvements to PATRIC, the all-bacterial Bioinformatics Database and Analysis Resource Center. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:D535–42.
- Waller AS, Robinson C. Streptococcus zooepidemicus and Streptococcus equi evolution: the role of CRISPRs. Biochem Soc Trans. 2013;41:1437–43.
- Kelly C, Bugg M, Robinson C, Mitchell Z, Davis-Poynter N, Newton JR, et al. Sequence variation of the SeM gene of Streptococcus equi allows discrimination of the source of strangles outbreaks. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:480–6.
- Mao Y, Fan H, Zhou Y, Lu C. Immunoproteomic assay of antigenic surface proteins in Streptococcus equi ssp. zooepidemicus. Agric Sci China. 2011;10:1096–105.
- Xu, B., Zhang, P., Zhou, H., Sun, Y., Tang, J., & Fan, H. (2019). Identification of novel genes associated with anti‐phagocytic functions in Streptococcus equi subsp. zooepidemicus. Vet Microbiol, 233, 28–38.
Page created: July 09, 2020
Page updated: September 17, 2020
Page reviewed: September 17, 2020
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.