Volume 27, Number 12—December 2021
Incidence Trends for SARS-CoV-2 Alpha and Beta Variants, Finland, Spring 2021
- Public Health England. Investigation of SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern [cited 2021 Feb 16]. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/investigation-of-novel-sars-cov-2-variant-variant-of-concern-20201201
- Tegally H, Wilkinson E, Giovanetti M, Iranzadeh A, Fonseca V, Giandhari J, et al. Detection of a SARS-CoV-2 variant of concern in South Africa. Nature. 2021;592:438–43.
- Faria NR, Mellan TA, Whittaker C, Claro IM, Candido DDS, Mishra S, et al. Genomics and epidemiology of the P.1 SARS-CoV-2 lineage in Manaus, Brazil. Science. 2021;372:815–21.
- Campbell F, Archer B, Laurenson-Schafer H, Jinnai Y, Konings F, Batra N, et al. Increased transmissibility and global spread of SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern as at June 2021. Euro Surveill. 2021;26:
- Virtanen J, Uusitalo R, Korhonen EM, Aaltonen K, Smura T, Kuivanen S, et al. Kinetics of neutralizing antibodies of COVID-19 patients tested using clinical D614G, B.1.1.7, and B 1.351 isolates in microneutralization assays. Viruses. 2021;13:996.
- Jalkanen P, Kolehmainen P, Häkkinen HK, Huttunen M, Tähtinen PA, Lundberg R, et al. COVID-19 mRNA vaccine induced antibody responses against three SARS-CoV-2 variants. Nat Commun. 2021;12:3991.
- Davies NG, Jarvis CI, Edmunds WJ, Jewell NP, Diaz-Ordaz K, Keogh RH; CMMID COVID-19 Working Group. Increased mortality in community-tested cases of SARS-CoV-2 lineage B.1.1.7. Nature. 2021;593:270–4.
- O’Toole A, Scher E, Underwood A, Jackson B, Hill V, McCrone JT, et al. Assignment of epidemiological lineages in an emerging pandemic using the Pangolin tool. Virus Evol. 2021;7:veab064.
- Katoh K, Standley DM. MAFFT multiple sequence alignment software version 7: improvements in performance and usability. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:772–80.
- Minh BQ, Schmidt HA, Chernomor O, Schrempf D, Woodhams MD, von Haeseler A, et al. IQ-TREE 2: new models and efficient methods for phylogenetic inference in the genomic era. [Erratum in Mol Biol Evol. 2020;37:2461]. Mol Biol Evol. 2020;37:1530–4.
- Balaban M, Moshiri N, Mai U, Jia X, Mirarab S. TreeCluster: Clustering biological sequences using phylogenetic trees. PLoS One. 2019;14:
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL). COVID-19 cases in the infectious diseases registry [cited 2021 Feb 17]. https://sampo.thl.fi/pivot/prod/en/epirapo/covid19case/fact_epirapo_covid19case
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL). COVID-19 vaccinations in Finland: vaccinations over time in hospital care districts per age group [cited 2021 Jul 12]. https://sampo.thl.fi/pivot/prod/en/vaccreg/cov19cov/summary_cov19covareatime
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL). Report of the population serology survey of the coronavirus epidemic [Finnish] [cited 2021 Jun 30]. https://www.thl.fi/roko/cov-vaestoserologia/sero_report_weekly.html
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern as of 15 July 2021 [cited 2021 Jul 16]. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/variants-concern
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: September 07, 2021
Page updated: November 19, 2021
Page reviewed: November 19, 2021
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.