Volume 11, Number 3—March 2005
Japanese Encephalitis Virus in Meningitis Patients, Japan
|Patient number and length of sequence||Identity of nucleotide (%)
|Ishikawa* Genotype I (Ref. 5)||Shizuoka33* Genotype I (Ref. 6)||JaGAr#01* Genotype III(8) (Ref. 7)||Nakayama* Genotype III(8) (Ref. 8)||JKT7003* Genotype IV(9) (Ref. 9)|
|1 (326 bp)||87.5||88.7||95.4||96.3||80.4|
|2 (247 bp)||86.2||87.4||96.0||96.4||81.3|
|3 (21 bp)||98.3||97.5||89.3||89.3||90.1|
|4 (187 bp)||99.5||98.9||89.8||89.8||87.7|
*GenBank accession numbers of these strains are AB051292, AB112703, U44964, U44966, and U70408.
- Tsai TF. New initiatives for the control of Japanese encephalitis by vaccination: minutes of a WHO/CVI meeting, Bangkok, Thailand, 13–15 October 1998. Vaccine. 2000;18(Suppl. 2):1–25.
- Japanese encephalitis, Japan, 1992–2002. Infectious Agents Surveillance Report. 2003;24:149–50.
- Japanese encephalitis, 1991–1998. Infectious Agents Surveillance Report. 1999;20:185–6.
- Burke DS, Monath TP. Flaviviruses In: Knipe DM, Howley PM., editors. Field's virology. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2001.
- Morita K, Tanaka M, Igarashi A. Rapid identification of dengue virus serotypes by using polymerase chain reaction. J Clin Microbiol. 1991;29:2107–10.
- Kimura A, Kyushi T, Yamasaki K. Detection of Japanese encephalitis virus genome from mosquito by PCR method. Bulletin of Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health (Japanese). 1992;30:59–64.
- Takegami T, Ishak H, Miyamoto C, Shirai Y, Kamimura K. Isolation and molecular comparison of Japanese encephalitis virus in Ishikawa, Japan. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2000;53:178–9.
- Chen WR, Tesh RB, Rico-Hess R. Genetic variation of Japanese encephalitis virus in nature. J Gen Virol. 1990;71:2915–22.
- Chen WR, Rico-Hess R, Tesh RB. A new genotype of Japanese encephalitis virus from Indonesia. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1992;47:61–9.
- Watt G, Jongsakul K. Acute undifferentiated fever caused by infection with Japanese encephalitis virus. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2003;68:704–6.
Page created: April 25, 2012
Page updated: April 25, 2012
Page reviewed: April 25, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.